[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown

oubean

I was desperate to find a RB in a dynasty league Im in. I have seem depth at WR and made a trade for Ronnie Brown. I just wanted to get some thoughts on Ronnie Brown and his ability to get back to being a top 12 RB.

Do you guys think he can do it? I do, but not sure if I am just having wishful thoughts.

I gave Royal and 2010 first rounder for Brown and 2010 second rounder. I actually won this league with this group of RB's in 09. Starting requirements forced me two start a minimum of 2. I dont have a first rounder this year so the chances of getting a rookie RB are zero.

QB

Hill, Shaun SFO QB - 6

Romo, Tony DAL QB - 6

Thigpen, Tyler KCC QB - 8

RB

Dunn, Warrick FA RB - -

Graham, Earnest TBB RB - 8

Hightower, Tim ARI RB - 4

Hillis, Peyton DEN RB (P) - 7

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB - 8

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB - 7

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 4

Pittman, Antonio STL RB - 9

Smith, Kolby KCC RB (Q) - 8

WR

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR - 8

Breaston, Steve ARI WR - 4

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR - 8

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 10

Randle El, Antwaan WAS WR - 8

Royal, Eddie DEN WR - 7

Welker, Wes NEP WR - 8

TE

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 8

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE - 7

K+Def

Elam, Jason ATL PK - 4

Prater, Matt DEN PK - 7

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

yeah a payed a bit much, but to be honest you have to give up something to get a RB. You can see from my roster that I dont have one guy with any potential at RB. I won this league last year with these crappy RBs so Brown gives my a legit chance to win again. Royal was my WR4 so to give him up does not hurt me. I can just plug Santonio Holmes in as my WR4. My fear is that Brown only performs around the fantasy 20 RB when I am hoping he can crack top 12. I also anticipate finishing well in 2009 so the pick in the first should be a low first rounder. I finished third in 07 with crap at RB.

Anyone have any thoughts on where they think Brown will finish?

I traded my 1:12 last season. It wasn't a good trade, but I won so what the hell.

And these guys

James Davis CLE

Bernard Scott CIN

Rashad Jennings JAX

Glen Coffee SF

Andre Brown NYG

are nice guys to stash away, but they will not help out in 09. There will be a list similar to this in 2010.

What I have to wonder is what did I give away to get Brown. I traded the 2010 first rounder.

Do you think I overpaid because I gave away the 2010 first rounder or was Royal to much? He wanted a WR so what do you think I should have offered instead?

I'd like to hear your thinking on why that is the case. Please elaborate. Thanks!

James Davis CLE - Jamal Lewis is a trusted vet and Harrison is looking good in OTAs

Bernard Scott CIN - Might have a chance to take the job from Benson, but not likely to be used as a starter in 09.

Rashad Jennings JAX - MJD

Glen Coffee SF - Gore

Andre Brown NYG - Jacobs

None of these guys are going to be useful enough as a starter in 09. These are all nice picks, but you will have to stash them away.

I needed a starter for the 09 season not the 2010 or 2011 season.

:wacko: if you took over a suck team, I'm not sure you will have enough resources to be all that competitive this year.

As for the guys I mentioned, sure, they've got guys ahead of them, but I'd much rather have their potential on my bench than a half-dozen of the suck that's current taking up space.

Oh, I will be cutting some suck very soon. If I can get some of these rooks then you bet I will.

I will be Competitive, hell I won this league last season with the crap at RB and finished 3rd in 07. That's why I went after Brown now at least I have one RB to put in there for the 09 season.

This is the 3rd year of this league and I drafted Maroney and Benson with my first twp picks in 07. Now my RBs have sucked ever since. I thought I had something with Hightower , but that fizzled fast.

I thought it was a good trade for you with your depth at WR. Just curious though how the other team finish up last year, reason being if you win again and he is a bottom dweller not alot of diference from pick 12 to 15.

He finished in the bottom 4. So there is a good chance I finish in the top 4 and he finishes in the bottom 4 in 09, but you never know it can all change very quickly in fantasy football.

I think he'll have a tough time getting back to being a top 12. He's good for the occasional big game but then disappears. Plus that wildcat offense is unpredictable fantasy wise. You never know who's gonna get the points.

This sucks :wacko:

I will be Competitive, hell I won this league last season with the crap at RB and finished 3rd in 07. That's why I went after Brown now at least I have one RB to put in there for the 09 season.

I have no idea how you won the league with this team. You must be the team that scored like the 9th most points in the league and won with SMoke & Mirrors. Whatever, I digress. I think it was a decent trade and where do you expect that 2nd round pick will be in 2010? No Cutler so Eddie takes a dip. I like Ronnie Brown this year and just think Ted Ginn will also "break out" which will only help Ronnie Brown.

I have no idea how you won the league with this team. You must be the team that scored like the 9th most points in the league and won with SMoke & Mirrors. Whatever, I digress. I think it was a decent trade and where do you expect that 2nd round pick will be in 2010? No Cutler so Eddie takes a dip. I like Ronnie Brown this year and just think Ted Ginn will also "break out" which will only help Ronnie Brown.

I had a 7-6 record and finished second in overall scoring. Averaged 135 pts per game. I know its hard to believe that a team can be so good with nothing at RB. That second round pick could be in the top 5. His team finished 10th in the 08 season.

No smoke N Mirrors

Link To MFL Website

Goes to show how overvalued RBs really are these days.

My team Bean's Blitzn' Bulldogs

Edited by oubean

that, and you have RIDICULOUS wide receivers.

Andre Johnson and Wes Welker - both top 10 WR and top-25 overall, depending on league scoring.

Dwayne Bowe - Top 15 WR

and then for your 4th WR?!??

choice of:

Breaston and Holmes?

Yeah, I'd say you could afford to trade Royal. Nice trade....

Edited by gandalas

that, and you have RIDICULOUS wide receivers.

Andre Johnson and Wes Welker - both top 10 WR and top-25 overall, depending on league scoring.

Dwayne Bowe - Top 15 WR

and then for your 4th WR?!??

choice of:

Breaston and Holmes?

Yeah, I'd say you could afford to trade Royal. Nice trade....

AMEN -- I play in one PITA league where a couple owners would vote to veto your trade saying you paid too much without giving any merit to the idea that RBrown has a great chance to return to top 10 status and you have tremendous depth at WR ...Taken in context, I see this as a strong deal for you. Bravo!!