[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading Chris Johnson for Rookies

Wpob

I am in a dynasty league (TD Only) and have Pierre Thomas, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Fred Jackson and Felix Jones. The owner of the first two picks in our rookie (and whatever vets are available ie Derick Ward) has expressed an interest in making a deal for a stud RB for the picks. Should I trade Chris Johnson for those two picks and if so, who would you take? If I did trade for them, I would lean towards Brown (Indy) and Green (Jets) or Moreno (Broncos). Thoughts?

i would not trade johnson for those picks. i do not think any of the rookies will be better than him.

This was my initial thought, however, because it is a TD only league, I started arguing with myself about this. Questions of how much does Lendale get vs. CJ? How consistent would CJ be in a TD only league? DO any of the rookies have better long term TD potential than CJ? I still haven't come to a conclusion on this just yet.

This was my initial thought, however, because it is a TD only league, I started arguing with myself about this. Questions of how much does Lendale get vs. CJ? How consistent would CJ be in a TD only league? DO any of the rookies have better long term TD potential than CJ? I still haven't come to a conclusion on this just yet.

See, this was my dilemna too. if it were a PPR or yardage league in addition to TDs, I would not even entertain it. But a TD only league had me thinking that CJ's max is 12-15 TDs most likely. If Addai is on the way out (by 2010) Brown could hit that mark, as could Moreno and Green. Heck, Wells could get there too if he is the only running option in AZ. Ugh. I hate these decisions because I always choose wrong.

+1

I don't do TD only leagues or I would've offered an opinion this morning.

We started the league 20+ years ago and it was easier to keep track of stats back then using TDs (bonus for longer TDs) than figuring out yardage and the such. Since then it has been tabled about a yardage league but most owners are in multiple leagues and this is the only TD/Dynasty league so they vote it down. Oh well

I wasn't criticizing :wacko:

just sayin' that I like BC's advice (with respects to jimg), but I lack experience to be taken seriously.

I did not think you were. I was just explaining why we are a TD league only when there are so few out there. I am one of the few owners that keep pushing for yardage points but get shot down. No offense taken and none given if it seemed that way and I appreciate ANY advice I can get to make a better educated decsion.

We started the league 20+ years ago and it was easier to keep track of stats back then using TDs (bonus for longer TDs) than figuring out yardage and the such. Since then it has been tabled about a yardage league but most owners are in multiple leagues and this is the only TD/Dynasty league so they vote it down. Oh well

How big is the bonus for longer TDs? CJ seems like more of a break it long guy, so he may have increased value depending on the length bonus. His rushing TD lengths from last season:

4 of 9 over 20 yards.... if that length bonus is significant, he may be worth keeping, however, I also feel that it adds volatility to his potential TD range because he is a "home run" type of guy, with someone like Lendale there for a lot of the redzone opportunities.

LenDale is a free agent after this season.

With most teams giving significant playing time to two RB's, I would not be surprised in the least to see them keep Lendale. If they didn't, the question becomes whether or not CJ is an every down back. I can't answer that based on one season's worth of work, but to me, Tennessee would be crazy to break the duo up...unless money becomes a significant factor or they really have to address the QB spot (aging Collins and ineffective VY).

How big is the bonus for longer TDs? CJ seems like more of a break it long guy, so he may have increased value depending on the length bonus. His rushing TD lengths from last season:

4 of 9 over 20 yards.... if that length bonus is significant, he may be worth keeping, however, I also feel that it adds volatility to his potential TD range because he is a "home run" type of guy, with someone like Lendale there for a lot of the redzone opportunities.

0-9 = 6 points

10-39 = 9 points

40+ = 12 points

Points get doubled if he throws or catches a TD.