[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T. Jones vs E. Royal

gogo2146

The question is who to keep Jones vs Royal.

This is a 5 man keeper league with option to keep players for a draft pick higher then they were picked last year. Ex If I drafted royal at number 5 last year I could keep him this year for my 4th rounder.

If one player was a keeper from the year before he will cost you a keeper(Jones) Royal was a FA I picked up and he will cost me a keeper to place on my roster we play PPR and IDP's

Thanks.

Here is the team

Warner K

Jones

Westbrook K

J. Stewart (Taxi player no cost)

Boldin K

Moss K

Royal

Balt D cost me a 4th rounder

J. Beason a 5th rounder

Sorry, I'm lost ... maybe to simplify things:

- If you keep Jones, what draft pick does he cost you?

- If you keep Royal, what draft pick does he cost you?

And, if I understand this correctly, you have decided on retaining Warner, Westy, Boldin & Moss ... so you must choose between TJ & Royal, but even if you keep one of them you get to also retain Stewart at no cost ... right?

Edited by ts

Lineup requirements? Scoring system.. primarily is it a PPR league or not?

How do IDP players hold up value wise in the scoring/lineup requirements of the league?

I ask because Beason is a very strong IDP player, and with having two good WRs already, there may be arguments made that he could be worth a keeper slot over Royal because of your situation, however, if the IDP scoring is such that IDPs are primarily afterthoughts, and you can start at least 3 WRs, Royal is certainly a strong candidate, considering the potential for Marshall to find a way to not be on the field for the Broncos. (And also barring a sophomore slump)

I like Royal here in a ppr league. Reports off my dynasty league site has McDaniels as saying he's going to be the Welker type player in his offense. I think he's more physically gifted than Welker so I think he's in for a big year. I think Jones blew his whole load last year. Although the question about Beason is a viable one.

How do IDP players hold up value wise in the scoring/lineup requirements of the league?

I ask because Beason is a very strong IDP player, and with having two good WRs already, there may be arguments made that he could be worth a keeper slot over Royal because of your situation, however, if the IDP scoring is such that IDPs are primarily afterthoughts, and you can start at least 3 WRs, Royal is certainly a strong candidate, considering the potential for Marshall to find a way to not be on the field for the Broncos. (And also barring a sophomore slump)

As stated we do keep 5 and a good lb can be worth a top 5 rb so if I keep Beason I will give up a 5th round draft pick. Well worth the pick. I think Rex Ryan will run the ball alot and Royal to me is a downgrade with a bad QB in Denver thats my first look at things. I disagree with everyone. If they loose Marshall then it could be worse for Royal.

Well, I'm not in any IDP leagues, so can't really offer any insight on that part of the equation ... but as far as the choice between Royal & TJ goes, which is the "right keeper" will depend at least in part on what draft pick you must give up to keep each ... also, I'd be tempted to think about the decision to retain Warner ... perhaps you let him go, and then get to keep both Royal and TJ? For example, if it costs you a round #1 or round #2 pick to keep Warner, then I may well let him go - but if you get to keep Warner at the cost of (say) a round #7 pick, then I keep him given the value. The Warner decision will also depend in part on how many QBs you expect the other teams in your league to retain - if they all typically retain a QB, then keeping Warner makes more sense to me, maybe even regardless of his associated draft pick cost.

Glad I saw this post because I was about to jump all over the "Keep Beason" train.

No doubt, bypass Jones and Royal (you may have a chance to get these guys back but you will NOT have a shot at Beason (depending on where you pick, of course).

You don't know what you're talking about, so good luck with that.

Right. Denver is going with Orten or Simms and NYJ are gonna run the hell out of the ball. I think I might know more then you. New head coach which the players want to leave?

Hey, I just want some advice not your smart ass remark so keep it to yourself and get off of the site. Dick.

As my league Champ last year in a money league I think I know something.

Thanks for the help.

In this league it it hard to keep things straigt how it runs.

If we select a keeper and he was a keeper from the past year we get to keep them at no cost(draft pick) but if a player was drafted we can keep them for a round higher draft pick or declare that player as a keeper so I would have to drop 1 of the years past keepers.

Ex. these players were my keepers in 2008 for the 2009 season I can select any five from my roster to keep but I will have to drop one of these players if I declare them my 5. Also, I can also retain players that were drafted in 09 for a draft pick a round higher then they were selected.

Ex.

Say I drafted Beason in 09 round 6. I have my 5 keepers below I could keep Beason for a 5th rounder.

So any player that was a FA or a keeper from previous season either gets droped or retained without the option of a draft pick.

Warner

Jones

Westbrook

Moss

Boldin

drafted Stewart placed on Taxi

Keep Royal. It's not even a close call. T.Jones is in a contract dispute, The Jets drafted fresh legs, and he's 31 years old. if he somehow has a decent season his days are numbered as even a mid level NFL RB. Royal on the other hand is a young, talented WR that could wind up the #1 WR for the Broncos as soon as this season if Marshall bails. He could easily be a top 15 WR for the next 10 years. At the very least you are probably looking at a good #2 WR for a very long time. That's more value than you'll ever get out of T.Jones.

Balt D cost me a 4th rounder

Are you actually keeping the Bal D for your 4th rounder? Ds better get hellasious scoring rules.

I second the Beason keeper and would also keep TJ over Royal. You can get Royal back for a later pick. He's a great player, but I still question the team around him. Do you get the points if he scores a special teams TD?