[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the best draft slot to be in this year?

GoNads

PPR league, standard scoring. In my league you get to choose your draft spot by when your name was picked out of a hat. I was picked 2nd. The guy who was picked first is staying at one.

Here's the problem. I have zero confidence in any selection this year. In the past, you always had Holmes, LT2, etc to make you all warm and fuzzy inside w/ landing the top couple picks. This year, in my opinion, all the top players have question marks

AP- It's been well documented his inconsistency and lack of catches

MJD- seriously can't see myself picking him this high. I think people are nuts thinking he's going to have a great year just because F Taylor is gone. How about the O line? How about the fact that Freddy did nothing last year anyway?

Forte- will not catch as many balls as last year w/ Cutler. He simply doesn't throw to backs. And will K. Jones get more looks?

LT2- burned w/ him last year. Is he at the end of the road?

SJax- bad O line, terrible team, locked up his long term contract

Brees/Brady- can't see to take a qb in the first round no matter what

AJ/Fitz/Moss- possibility in PPR but do you really take a WR in the top 5?

I don't know what to do. Do I let the rest of the league take chances on these guys and make mistakes and let the fall to me at 10-12 or do I leave it in my own hands and pick in the top 5?

PPR league, standard scoring. In my league you get to choose your draft spot by when your name was picked out of a hat. I was picked 2nd. The guy who was picked first is staying at one.

Here's the problem. I have zero confidence in any selection this year. In the past, you always had Holmes, LT2, etc to make you all warm and fuzzy inside w/ landing the top couple picks. This year, in my opinion, all the top players have question marks

AP- It's been well documented his inconsistency and lack of catches

MJD- seriously can't see myself picking him this high. I think people are nuts thinking he's going to have a great year just because F Taylor is gone. How about the O line? How about the fact that Freddy did nothing last year anyway?

Forte- will not catch as many balls as last year w/ Cutler. He simply doesn't throw to backs. And will K. Jones get more looks?

LT2- burned w/ him last year. Is he at the end of the road?

SJax- bad O line, terrible team, locked up his long term contract

Brees/Brady- can't see to take a qb in the first round no matter what

AJ/Fitz/Moss- possibility in PPR but do you really take a WR in the top 5?

I don't know what to do. Do I let the rest of the league take chances on these guys and make mistakes and let the fall to me at 10-12 or do I leave it in my own hands and pick in the top 5?

I might consider going 3 or 4.

You still get one of MJD/Turner/Forte or LT/CJ/Sjax if you'd rather.

You have a decent chance of getting a good WR in the 2nd or a RB if one in the Barber/Jacobs/Slaton range has fallen.

You get the benefit of being close to the turn. Easier to guess which way to go in later rounds (QB, TE, etc) depending on what spots 1, 2, or 3 have done.

Edited by Company of Heroes

I'm going to assume this is a 12-team league...

I like the last spot this year for WR/WR. I also prefer being as close to the turn as possible, so if going WR/WR makes you uncomfortable, I'd take the #2 spot and go RB/WR/WR, something like MJD, and two of: Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings, Roddy White.

Actually, now that I break it down, take the #2 spot and do that. Take a TE in round 4 like Gonzo. Wow, that would be an awesome start to a draft if it fell like that. Round five, take Eddie Royal. In 6-7 take RBs like LJ, Jamal Lewis, Cedric Benson, Julius Jones.

MJD

Steve Smith

Greg Jennings

Tony Gonzalez

Eddie Royal

Larry Johnson

Cedric Benson

and a couple of good QBs in rounds 8-9

Wow, CHAMPIONSHIP!

W*T*F?

LJ as your number 2 RB? Benson as your 3rd? Draft a TE in the 4th round?

Championship? More like the fantasy version of the Detroit Lions.

Edited by spider321

I am looking at 6-8 range as my first choice. I am looking at 6 RBs that I would feel comfortable with taking in the first round. If one of them is there, then I grab them. If Something happens and one guy falls out of favor, then I can grab Moss and start the WR run that os bound to happen in the first.

Second choice would be 8-10 range. Still get one of the big 3 WRs and can grab a Gore/Portis in the second.

Last;y would be having one of the first four picks. I dont think it will be like previous years where you could grab a top RB, WR and TE/QB with your first 3 picks. I doubt even RWhite and Jennings will be there at the end of 2.

I felt the same way but after looking at what the guys in my money league like to do my preference is more from where and who they are likely to pick. The 6 guys I like at RB are all as likely to score(in my mind) the same as MJD, who I have at 1. Pick the last one in that teir and have the earliest second pick of that group. More than likely I am going to take Moss because about every guy I have tried to get a read on is looking at going WR in the first.

Thanks guys. I actually think I may take the number 2 slot. Even though it's PPR, I still like All Day more than anyone else and I would hate to move down and have the number 1 guy pass on All Day and take MJD/LT2/Forte, etc. Plus, I want to pick my poison and not let the other guys in my league pick their favorites and hope someone I like falls. I would feel great landing All Day (talent and potential is too good pass up), would feel good landing MJD or LT2 and just ok landing Forte/Turner/CJ/SJax. Also, I like having my picks closer together as it's easier to draft that way later in the draft. I can pick between 3-4 guys I want and only have to worry about who the number 1 guy is taking (which I can guage by his current roster at the time).

I think you're right about receivers this year. Last year I had the number 1 pick and was able to snag LT2, AJ, Colston, Jennings w/ my first four picks (CJ was my second rb that I picked in the 7th round). I have no shot at this happening this year. I actually think top RB's will fall more than in the past (Slaton, Westy, Gore, Williams, Portis, etc) to the 2nd/3rd rounds. The question there will be do you snag the value at RB or grab the best player left at WR? I refuse to follow runs so I'll probably pick on value. This year is going to be interesting.