[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have pick 7 out of 12 teams. take QB or RB?

Okay so I have pick 7 out of a 12 team league. In our league qb score alot of points bc they get 1 point per 10 yards passing. I am trying to decide If I should take a qb with my first pick or RB. I like Chris Johnson in this spot if he is stil available but also like possibly Brady or Brees. I think If I wait till the 2nd round Brees/Brady/Manning might all be gone. I have always waited until the later rounds to draft a qb but thought about maybe switching it up this year since I have yet to win a championship (2nd place 3 times). What do you guys think?

Who were the top 10 scoring players in your league last year? At what round did the top end QBs get drafted last year?

If RBs/WRs receive 1 per 10 yards rushing/receiving, it actually makes a pretty compelling case for a high end QB at pick 7. To put it in perspective Drew Brees is at least 100 fantasy points better across an entire season (using last years numbers) than the 4th best QB (Aaron Rodgers). That's a bigger drop off than you'll see at the top end RB and WR positions.

Assuming all other scoring is standard I'd jump on Brees if he's there at 7 and then take the best available RB or WR in the 2nd round. I don't think I could advocate taking Brady or Manning at that spot.

Your other option of course is to hold off and wait a few rounds and pick up Kurt Warner, knowing he always (as long as he's healthy) puts up a lot of yards.

Best of Luck!

WashD

Last year Brady went 3rd, Manning 9th, Romo 11th and Brees 17th. I have gone rb in the first few rounds every year. Im thinking there should be some good quality rb still there when my 2nd pick comes back around but the top 3 qb will prob not be around for my 2nd pick

If you get 6 points per TD too, I'd go QB in the 1st. Think about it this way. Would you grab a 4000 yard, 35 TD RB with the 7th overall pick? No brainer to me...

Hey soop we have an opening in AGS, come on back!

YOu can follow the trend of everyone else and draft the 7th best RB or you can be "crazy" and take the best QB or best WR with your first pick. Then every other clown that goes RB after you you can do the same in the 2nd. Then when all of the other people are starting to draft QB-WR in the 3rd you can pick up a good RB because no one else will be taking them. All the while you know you have the best QB-WR while others are drafting the Coles of the world for their #1.

edit to add: draft the best starting lineup you can and do not focus on one position. Never EVER limit yourself to a position in any round. That is the dumbest thing you can do. And one other thing, be the person to start the runs and not end the runs.

edit to add: Finally, dont draft someone just to hope to trade your depth for a starter, draft the freaking starter and worry about depth later. Drafting something thinking just to trade it away is stupid. and if your leaguemates are smart they wouldnt trade with you and this way you can brag about your depth all year long.

Edited by Men In Tights

You should do the LAG analysis that Dorey writes about in his book to see just how much more QBs are scoring than other positions (it might be posted in an article out here somewhere too). I joined a new league last year with crazy QB scoring, drafted AP with the #2 pick and took Brees coming back in the 2nd (he was the 4th QB off the board in that league last year). I steamrolled to the title. If the scoring leans heavily to favor QBs, and history shows that they get taken early, I think you'd be foolish not to take one. Do the analysis first to verify.

With that scoring system I'd take Brees at that spot, and the best availabel RB on the 2nd round pick-Good Luck.

Plus, even with a QB only getting 3 pys per passing TD.......250yds =25pt, add 2 TD's=6pts.......31pts for 250/2!!!!!!!!

Edited by Capt. Waffle

You want some good advise ? Here is it free of charge.

Pick players that will be good!

There it is all the advise you will need for a succesful year.

If you can pick players that are good with most of your picks and especially with your 1st 3 or 4 picks you will win.

If you pick players that crap out you will lose.

It doesn't make 1 bit of difference if you take a QB, RB or a WR in round 1, 2 or 3.

As long as you take ones that are good and don't get hurt you will be fine.

If you take a RB with the 7th pick and he sucks you will lose.

If you take a QB with 1st round pick and then follow it up with a great 2nd round or 3rd round RB you will be fine.

Simple really.

You want some good advise ? Here is it free of charge.

Pick players that will be good!

There it is all the advise you will need for a succesful year.

If you can pick players that are good with most of your picks and especially with your 1st 3 or 4 picks you will win.

If you pick players that crap out you will lose.

It doesn't make 1 bit of difference if you take a QB, RB or a WR in round 1, 2 or 3.

As long as you take ones that are good and don't get hurt you will be fine.

If you take a RB with the 7th pick and he sucks you will lose.

If you take a QB with 1st round pick and then follow it up with a great 2nd round or 3rd round RB you will be fine.

Simple really.

:wacko: Post of the year.

Simple really. I should have been listening to the great Henry Muto since 1995!!

You should do the LAG analysis that Dorey writes about in his book to see just how much more QBs are scoring than other positions (it might be posted in an article out here somewhere too). I joined a new league last year with crazy QB scoring, drafted AP with the #2 pick and took Brees coming back in the 2nd (he was the 4th QB off the board in that league last year). I steamrolled to the title. If the scoring leans heavily to favor QBs, and history shows that they get taken early, I think you'd be foolish not to take one. Do the analysis first to verify.

:wacko: LAG is Genius!!!