[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Desean Jackson or Brandon Marshall?

Sorry I don't agree. Not with Cutler moving to the Windy City. I think its more of a toss up than anything.

Can Kyle Orton be like Cutler. Man I highly doubt that. I give Brandon the slight edge though since he'll have less comp for touches than Jackson who will batlle Curtis and Brown for looks/touches.

Can Kyle Orton be like Cutler. Man I highly doubt that. I give Brandon the slight edge though since he'll have less comp for touches than Jackson who will batlle Curtis and Brown for looks/touches.

Thinking of how McDaniels worked the offense in NE, I would think there is more risk of the ball being spread thin in Denver this year. Taz is point on with his comment - it's kind of a toss up. Marshall recovering from injury and possibly holding out makes him pretty risky. Maybe the muddy waters will clear by the end of preseason. I actually feel like DeSean is a safer pick but with a lower ceiling.

Browns pink slip is tacked to the cork board. The drafting of Maclin all but wrote that.

I can't name one site that has DeSean listed higher than Marshall. Anyway what does it matter what sites list DeSean higher? DeSean is not nearly as talented. Call Marshall and idiot, fine, he is, but he's an elite NFL WR. DeSean on the other hand... This is all you need to know, the Eagles drafted a WR in the FIRST round this year. What kind of a vote of confidence it that for DeSean? I don't get the hype anyway. He scored 2 td's last season.

I can't name one site that has DeSean listed higher than Marshall. Anyway what does it matter what sites list DeSean higher? DeSean is not nearly as talented. Call Marshall and idiot, fine, he is, but he's an elite NFL WR. DeSean on the other hand... This is all you need to know, the Eagles drafted a WR in the FIRST round this year. What kind of a vote of confidence it that for DeSean? I don't get the hype anyway. He scored 2 td's last season.

I can and your there. :wacko: Let's see what Marshall does without Cutler before you start categorizing him as an "Elite" WR.

Eddie Royal was a 2nd round draft pick (42nd). So what does that say about Marshall? Nothing. Picking Maclin 1st overall does, however, say something about the rest of the Philly WR's core.

In PPR, which is what the poster is in, Royal will be much more valuable than Marshall playing in the slot.

Sorry bro..you're argument doesn't hold water.

Edited by tazinib1

This is tough... Marshall is disgruntled and wants out of town. Right now I'll take a guy that believes in the system, has a very good skill set, has been in camp and is on an offense dedicated to passing the football. Jackson will get his. However, if the Marshall situation clears up... Whether he buys into the team, gets traded or what-have-you... I'd go Marshall all the way.

Luckily, I don't have to make that decision today an I don't envy you. Good luck.

It all depends where/if he is traded and how long his suspension will last.

I like Desean in Philly's passing game this year, but I dont think he can match up against Marshall if he stays and he has a minimal suspension.

Maclin will draw looks away from desean, as will a healthy Curtis. (remember some of Jackson's emergence was due to Curtis being hurt out of the gate).

Now if Marshall goes to a team where he is the unquestioned #1 (like the Giants/Jags/Bears/Minny/Cincy) and has a minimal suspension then he is head and shoulders ahead of Djax.

A lot of variables this early in the process . . .

Don't forget the one he threw away last year when he started his celebration early. :wacko:

I wonder how many people lost their game due to that.

Until the issues are settle in Denver, I'd take Des Jackson. I am a guy who believes in the 2nd year receiver breakout. There have been a lot of recent examples of 2nd year guys really breaking out in year 2 when they are in promament roles:

Colston 98/1200/11

Jennings 53/920/12

B Marshall 102/1325/7

Calvin 78/1330/12

I used that theory last year to keep Calvin over Chad Johnson, when 10:1 on this board suggested keeping Chad Johnson. This is a VERY similar situation. Chad was disgruntled and wanted out of Cinci last year after years of great production. He didn't get traded and he lost Palmer. At the same time, Calvin exploded into one of the best WRs in the game.

I don't know what will happen this year, but I do believe that DJax will trend up and B Marshall will trend down. DJax does not have Calvin's physical tools, but he has a MUCH better QB/offense around him in Philly. I think Jennings is the better comparison actually.

Go with your gut on this one. If I had chosen Chad over Calvin last year, I'd still be kicking myself. If Marshall is still disgruntled to start the year, my gut would tell me to go with DJax.

Edited by kiser17

I know what people are saying about Cutler leaving to Chicago, and well they do have a point. Marshall may get the ball less!

But do remember this, in Chicago a couple years ago, remember Orten and all his long balls! People forget that Orten does have an arm. He's deff no cutler, but as a Chicago fan myself, let me tell you the guy can throw an accurate long ball...