[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting WR/WR/RB/RB

12 Team Non-PPR Performance League with starting req of 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K. D ALSO have flex option to start 1RB and 3WR. We implemented this flex option 2 years ago to combat RBBC, RB injuries and bye weeks. I draft 10th in a snake draft and am thinking WR/WR followed by RB/RB/RB. With the Top RB's taken off the board in the first round, I should be able to land Fitz and come back with another Top5 WR with the 15th overall pick and should be able to snag middle or lower tier RB's with upside like Pierre Thomas, Jamal Lewis, McFadden, Felix Jones or roll the dice on the coveted rookies that most likely contribute from the start like Wells, Brown and Greene. It sure looks formidable starting Lewis along with Fitz, Moss and WR3. I have always drafted min 5-6 RB's (16 Active with 2 IR positions) and have always taken RB/RB regardless of where I drafted. Just a different perspective. Please let me know your thoughts. Your input is appreciated. Thanks

At 1.10, there is hardly anybody here that would argue against going WR/WR. FF is alot different than it was 5 years ago when you could land a solid RB at that spot. Times are changing my friend. I'd definitely go WR/WR.

Obviously you have to see what is still around, people ahead of you may surprise you with their picks, but I think a solid going in position with your draft slot is WR/WR/RB/RB (unless a top tier QB slips down into round 4)

WD

Agree wholeheartedly.

However, given trends I have seen in recent drafts and mocks, you may be surprised at just how many non-RBs are going in the top 10, and thus at just which RBs are there for you at the 10

Non PPR, I'm not sure I would take a receiver that high. Would definitely take one that high for PPR. One thing I would advise is to not lock yourself into a drafting strategy until you see who falls to you at 10. Forte, LT2, SJax may all fall and you would be nuts to pass one of them up at 10 to pick a WR in non-PPR.

Non PPR, I'm not sure I would take a receiver that high. Would definitely take one that high for PPR. One thing I would advise is to not lock yourself into a drafting strategy until you see who falls to you at 10. Forte, LT2, SJax may all fall and you would be nuts to pass one of them up at 10 to pick a WR in non-PPR.

I have no problem with it obviously. It's a good strategy. The idea is to zig when everybody else is zagging and it does have merit but there are so many people taking a qb or wr in the first round this year you really might not be zagging at all. This year I have noticed that with Brees and usually one or two wr's going in the 1st round rb's like Stephen Jackson, Slaton, Chris Johnson etc. are falling into the 10-12 spots in the first round. If i can get FItz and Moss or FItz/Andre i'll go wr wr at the end of the first. If I can't have some combo of that it means people have already taken wr's before me leaving me a stud RB to go along with a top 4 wr. I guess it depends on which ''stud'' rb falls to you and whether or not you think that rb will be a stud but personally i'll not passing up SJax or Slaton.

Agree wholeheartedly.

However, given trends I have seen in recent drafts and mocks, you may be surprised at just how many non-RBs are going in the top 10, and thus at just which RBs are there for you at the 10

In my most recent Dynasty draft, I was at 1.12 in a 16 team league, and snagged Steven Jackson there. I then turned around and got Wes Welker at 2.5 (21st overall).

I was very suprised, and happy to see Jackson there that late...

I do like the fact that Fitz at 10 nwould be nice the to wrap up AJ could be big please keep in mind you will be getting a 2nd teir rb by round 3 and 4 look close at what is on the board. You also can look for some sleepers like F. Jackson, F.Taylor, T. Jones or J. Stewart or some of the rookies I think FWP will also be around.

Browns have said that Jamel Lewis will run the ball more often this year.