[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#1 pick

I have a better feeling about Turner. (We get 1 pt for 20 yards rushing/receiving so I need TDs.) Am I wrong? Here are the top RBs (and one WR) in my league from last year...

[name, ruTD, reTD, total FF pts]

Williams, DeAngelo RB CAR 18 2 189

Turner, Michael RB ATL 17 0 180

Jones, Thomas RB NYJ 13 2 150

Forte, Matt RB CHI 8 4 140

Peterson, Adrian RB MIN 10 0 140

Jacobs, Brandon RB NYG 15 0 137

Jones-Drew, M RB JAC 12 2 137

Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI 0 12 136

Westbrook, Brian RB PHI 9 5 135

Why isn't Turner getting more love?

The Falcons have the 3rd hardest schedule in the NFL whereas the Vikes have next to the easiest compared to the Bears. Turner proved to carry a tremendous load for ONE year. Let's see if he can do it again. Personally, I think he's in line for less touches or will eventually get banged up. Go with AP and don't look back. Don't forget this little tidbit, Gonzo will be taking some plays away from Turner and I'm thinking the passing game will be more abundant this year for the Falcons.

The Vikes , even if Favre is aquired, will run the ball alot more. Childress won't be having Favre passing as much with a backfield and O-line so talented and risking interceptions from a gunslingler like Favre.

Edited by RJV

If you don't draft Peterson at #1 you should be kicked out of FF forever.

That's a bit extreme. How many times has the consensus #1 FF player NOT been the best player that year? I don't think Peterson is as clearcut as Priest Holmes was, for instance. He only had 10 TDs last year!

RJV, you make a good argument though. I didn't know about the strength of schedules.

That's a bit extreme. How many times has the consensus #1 FF player NOT been the best player that year? I don't think Peterson is as clearcut as Priest Holmes was, for instance. He only had 10 TDs last year!

RJV, you make a good argument though. I didn't know about the strength of schedules.

Peterson is the hands down pick imo. If you want somebody else - and your league allows it, you should trade down because I am sure somebody is willing to pay a premium to get him on their squad.

I agree that ADP is not the hands down #1 pick in PPR leagues and actually prefer Forte and MJD but in TD and yardage leagues, ADP is the #1 pick for sure.

Peterson is the consensus #1 because of all of the top backs, he has the least question marks and the most stable situation.

I wouldn't agree for a PPR leagues but like I said above for non-PPR, he's the #1 option.

I wouldn't agree for a PPR leagues but like I said above for non-PPR, he's the #1 option.

MJD -first time carrying full load, how does he do with the wear and tear of not having an RB like taylor to take some of the load?

Forte - Sophomore slump plus a capable QB that may not need to check down to him 8 times a game?

DeAngelo - Still has Stewart in the fold, can he continue after the load he carried last year

SJax - Will there be any passing game preventing D's from putting 8 in the box? Can he stay healthy?

Peterson - hmm... pretty darn stable situation compared to those. Basically unchanged

I think you could take any of these 4 with the #1 pick and have a great chance of taking the league trophy.

AP - I'm not sure why everyone think's he must be taken #1. The last few years he hasn't done squat in fantasy playoffs yet everyone still loves him.

MJD - Now the feature back in Jacksonville, he was a solid #1 running back before and with Taylor gone now I think he improves to elite status.

Forte - I had Forte on my team last year and he always gave me double digit points usually in the upper teen's to 20's. I think Cutler only improves him.

Turner - Atlanta had a rookie qb last year and decided to run 60% of the time, I think that changes tremendously as they have a new TE.

Honestly, the above is just my opinion. Fantasy football is supposed to be fun and if you really want a certain player then try your hardest to get them. Don't always go with someone that everyone and everywhere is telling you to get because you may be disappointed.

My league just had its draft and I had the #2 pick. It was torn between Turner, Forte, and MJD because like everyone else AP was already chosen. I went with MJD because I truly believe this is the year for him to ascend to elite status and is in a similar situation as AP. Whereas Forte and Turner are on teams that teams that have a decent passing attack. One more thing to take into consideration is that this year Atlanta I believe has the toughest schedule according to several websites. If one googles SOS 2009 football or something like that you'll come across several sites that give this information. Although its good information to look at it doesn't necessarily mean Atlanta will suck. Pittsburgh had the toughest schedule last year and came out Super Bowl champions.... except there wasn't a decent Pittsburgh fantasy player except for their defense. Take it for what its worth.

Turner is feast or famine, he had some huge games last year but also had a number of poor ones.

PPR you have to take MJD, he is proven and now is getting the full load. I am not sure what is going to happen to AP this year, with Lord Farve staying out of the game the box is going to loaded to stop him. If a QB shows up in MN to play this year AP could have a huge year. But then again i am a bit of a homer. :wacko:

MJD -first time carrying full load, how does he do with the wear and tear of not having an RB like taylor to take some of the load?

Forte - Sophomore slump plus a capable QB that may not need to check down to him 8 times a game?

DeAngelo - Still has Stewart in the fold, can he continue after the load he carried last year

SJax - Will there be any passing game preventing D's from putting 8 in the box? Can he stay healthy?

Peterson - hmm... pretty darn stable situation compared to those. Basically unchanged

ADP has not been the #1 RB in PPR formats yet and got even further away from ranking such last year. I'll take Forte and MJD at #1 over ADP any day. Forte will not have a soph slump and Cutler will help his numbers as I think he'll still get the receptions because he's their best offensive weapon and it'll be part of the gameplan to get him the ball. Also being that the Bears have Cutler now, I believe that they'll be able to sustain more drives, giving Forte extra scoring opportunities.

I don't really need to explain why MJD is a solid choice in PPR leagues as I think the guy will be a monster this year. IMO, only injury can hold back either Forte or MJD. ADP could also be held back by not only injury but also by Chester Taylor (as Taylor takes not only the bulk of the receptions but about a handful of TDs or more and over 100 carries) and that's not the case with either of the other 2.

In PPR, go Forte or MJD at #1 and don't look back. I think ADP is #3 in PPR but even that is questionable as Slaton, Johnson, LT, SJax, Turner and/or DWill could pass him like some of those did last year.