[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2V on KFAN /Minneapolis

PaulOttCarruth

Just listened for a few minutes but it seems like 2V was having a tough time not bashing some of the opinions being shared by the others. I was listening when they talked about Chester Taylor.

Just listened for a few minutes but it seems like 2V was having a tough time not bashing some of the opinions being shared by the others. I was listening when they talked about Chester Taylor.

Not a lot of time for bashing today. I think I successfully pointed out that Taylor was no longer the "must have" handcuff, at least in regards to where he was being drafted, but the fact remains that the Vikings situation is one of the few where, if the starter goes down, the backup can step in and put up decent fantasy numbers. I know it was stressed that Taylor is no ADP.

I would have liked more of an opportunity to discuss my qualms about Harvin out there, but the purple kool-aid was flowing freely today.

Plus, it's still early in the offseason; we'll have six preseason shows for more bashing.

2V

Not a lot of time for bashing today. I think I successfully pointed out that Taylor was no longer the "must have" handcuff, at least in regards to where he was being drafted, but the fact remains that the Vikings situation is one of the few where, if the starter goes down, the backup can step in and put up decent fantasy numbers. I know it was stressed that Taylor is no ADP.

I would have liked more of an opportunity to discuss my qualms about Harvin out there, but the purple kool-aid was flowing freely today.

Plus, it's still early in the offseason; we'll have six preseason shows for more bashing.

2V

What are the Harvin qualms? Is it Childress and his exciting game plans?

There is no way that AD should be the 3rd pick in any draft. It will be fun to see if Charch changes his tune on that one. I thought it was Bo that said he's glad that he plays in Charch's league after the AD pointer. I usually eat at 11 AM but I listened to about 3/4 of the program today. :wacko:

2V

I'd like to see more thoughts on Sidney Rice's role this season as well. Does he progress, regress, or stay where he's been.

What are the Harvin qualms? Is it Childress and his exciting game plans?

There is no way that AD should be the 3rd pick in any draft. It will be fun to see if Charch changes his tune on that one. I thought it was Bo that said he's glad that he plays in Charch's league after the AD pointer. I usually eat at 11 AM but I listened to about 3/4 of the program today. :wacko:

That's the big one, that this brain trust doesn't have the creativity to get Harvin the ball in ways that take advantage of his considerable talent. My other concern is that he's batting a Punto-like .250 on fulfilling commitments at the NFL level. He whiffed at the Combine (failed test), missed his first Viking OTAs (dehydration), looked good at the next round of OTAs, then had to leave the rookie symposium (illness). Not a trust-inspiring start for a guy who comes to the NFL with questions about his ability to stay on the field.

We'll see if Charch backs up that AD/MoJo talk. At minimum I'll have at least one opportunity to bid him up on MoJo.

2V

I'd like to see more thoughts on Sidney Rice's role this season as well. Does he progress, regress, or stay where he's been.

I know some are high on him as a sleeper this year, but he gets lost in the Harvin talk. If Rice is healthy he'll be the #2, but if the offense is scheming to get the ball to Harvin just how much passing game will be left to go around? Plus if Favre comes to town I think Shank becomes more of a red zone go-to guy than Rice. I guess I'm less optimistic with regards to what the purple passing game will produce with Favre than either Charch or Bo appear to be. I see Berrian getting 1,000 of the MN receiving yards and 7-8 of the TDs; Shank is good for 600 and 5-6. That leaves around 1,800 and 10 for Rice, Harvin, and Taylor (and Wade, Kleinsausage, et. al.) to split up; unless Rice or Harvin really steps to the fore, that probably isn't enough to have draftable fantasy value in most leagues.

Maybe the kool aid is wearing off.

2V

• 2 weeks later...