[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep Peyton for 1st Rd?

Everything I read says pick up a QB in the mid rounds but my gut still tells me to keep Manning for my 1st round pick.

12 team league

Scoring - passing and rushing TDs = 6pts

passing yards - 1pt for 10yards

rushing yards - 1pt for 2.5 yards

top players last year - 1 thru 7 were QBs, #8ADP, #9Turner, #10 another QB

Start

1QB

1RB

2WR

1TE

1Slot

1Def

1PK

2IDP

1DL

Most likely kept by other teams

QB

Brees

Brady

McNabb

Rodgers

Rivers

Schaub

Warner

Eli Manning

Roethilsberger

Romo

Ryan

Each team can keep three players (only one from each position) Keeping Turner and Jennings. Don't have a good option for the 3rd keeper so it's either keep Manning costing me the 1st round or drop him and just keep my 1st round pick.

1st round is a misnomer. Turner is your 1st round pick, Jennings is your 2nd round and now we're talking 3rd round pick. And yes, I'd be happy to keep Peyton for a 3rd. Granted, what RB and/or WR is being thrown back into the pool and where you're picking are important variables. Like if believe that a top 10 WR would be available to you for your 3rd round pick, then yeah, maybe don't keep Peyton.

I wouldn't say that...If he does not keep his first rounder, and everyone else does, then he effectively gets to pick whomever he wants out of the pool. That is, if I am understanding it correctly: In that the keeper pick costs you the round that you originally picked them in?

If every other team in the league is protecting a QB, and you move up by not keeping one, and assuming you do not start 2 QBs, thus it is unlikely someone will draft a QB very early, what advantage is there to protecting Manning other than locking him in in case someone does draft a 2nd QB early?

If I don't keep Manning it's possible I could pick up on one of the top 10 WR like you mentioned earlier. If that's the case should I try and push for a trade and lock up Garrard or Cutler?

Depends... What does it cost to keep them in addition to the pick you would use to acquire them

Depends... What does it cost to keep them in addition to the pick you would use to acquire them

Cutler would cost a 7th and Garrard would cost a 15th. Jennings will cost me a 15th as well so I'd have to work out something like - my 9th and 14th for Garrard and his 15th so I'd have two 15ths to spend on keepers.

Yea I keep batting this back and forth in my mind and I can just go into the draft without a QB keeper and have plenty of options and end up picking up two decent QBs and play with the best matchup week to week.

For my last keeper I could keep Titans Def costing me my last round? It's either that or keep Flacco for my last round pick?

Thanks for all your thoughts, it's helping me get a handle on my keeper decision.

IMO, definitely keep Flacco for the last round pick. I think he has enough upside to warrant a last round investment and could become a part of your QB rotation this year.

There you go. KNowing this was an option from the beginning would have saved you a lot of time, Fourth. As to value, this is the right move. Don't burn that first on a QB.