[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

From the Oakland Tribune:

:tup: Al you idiot...

While I despise Ben the person, he's a steal for 1.08. Al is proving once again his incompitence in the modern football era...

:tup:

:wacko:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Oakland Tribune:

:wacko: Al you idiot...

While I despise Ben the person, he's a steal for 1.08. Al is proving once again his incompitence in the modern football era...

With Al's stellar record with QB's, do yah think he's maybe thinking Gradkowski is his knight in shining armor or the 15 lbs Russle lost in the off season will somehow transform him into a top 5 QB?

In all honestly, the only saving grace for the Raiders will be when Al reaches the point where his mental capacity is that of a 12 month old infant and he's content with sack of gummy bears and a yoyo. Until that day, sorry Raiders fans!

http://nflspinzone.com/2010/04/22/ben-roet...rs-a-done-deal/

Apr22nd Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland Raiders a Done Deal?AUTHOR: Derek Peiffer | IN: AFC | COMMENTS: 25 Comments

Could Big Ben be on his way to the Black Hole?

According to “Kobe,” a former radio jockey in Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders have completed a deal, pending league approval, that would send suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha and a swap of first-round picks.

Reports early this week had pointed to the Steelers openly shopping Roethlisberger, and even going as far to call teams with top 10 picks in Thursday’s NFL draft to gauge interest.

More specifically, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, had hinted at trade talks heating up between the Steelers and Raiders, and they may have finally come to fruition.

After his most recent run-in with the law, Roethlisberger seemed to have fallen out of favor with not only the fans in Pittsburgh, but the almighty Rooney family which eats, sleeps, and breathes everything associated with Steeler football.

The deal, if true, would help both sides fill an immediate need, while allowing both to maintain a first-round pick to further help their team through the draft.

Oakland has been a team in shambles in recent years, and has been in search of a franchise quarterback since the departure of Rich Gannon. Roethlisberger fills that need, and allows Oakland to move on from the disaster that was Jamarcus Russell.

Meanwhile, the Steelers, who have had one of the less-than-stellar secondaries over the last few seasons, gain one of the best corners in the NFL (2nd best by my count) in Nnamdi Asomugha, while also ridding themselves of the dark cloud hovering over the franchise stemming from Roethlisberger’s recent behavior.

The move also allows them to move up ten slots, to the number eight pick, where they could get their hands on the next franchise quarterback in Jimmy Clausen.

It’s rare to trade a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback, but it’s even more rare to replace him immediately, and the Steelers have a chance to do that here. It is a must for the Steelers to move Roethlisberger this off-season, and this may be the best deal they get to do so.

It’s also rare that you can trade for a franchise quarterback. Well, at least before this season with Donovan McNabb going to Washington. You don’t get these opportunities everyday so, if the rumors are true, both teams must jump at this chance.

Saw that an hour or so ago...

I would be surprised to be honest with you, seeing as how Nnamdi is the poster of the Raiders right now... but Al Davis thinks DBs are expendable, so this is a win in his opinion... And as much as I love Nnamdi because of his Cal and Raider roots... I do want him to have a successful career, and it won't happen in Oakland. :wacko:

If this trade were to happen, it would allow Al to then send DMC to Detroit for a 3rd or 4th rounder (a mistake in my opinion) and take Jahvid Best at 18.

Assuming the Steelers get a QB like Clausen AND he works out, that could be a very good trade for them.

It would be a good trade for Oakland too.

Nnamdi is on the last year of his contract, making around 11 mil. Oakland has the option to sign him for one more year, but his salary has to be the average of the top five (or three?) highest paid QBs. His contract also keeps the Raiders from franchising him.

Either way, Nnamdi walks sooner rather than later - and he deserves to get out of the black hole. If the Raiders can't keep him - why not deal him? He's not a 24 year old Revis - he's coming up on 29.

I love Nnamdi. Him leaving would break my heart. But this would be one of the better trades Oakland has made in a long time.

If the Steelers did come to an agreement with the Raiders, why on earth would they announce it prior to the draft ? Obviously, if they came to 8, and lost Ben to do it, they would be lined up for Claussen. Why give Buffalo and others with qb needs the chance to jump in front of you ? I would tell Oakland deal is done, only if Clausen is there for us at 8. Obviously, this is all speculative, but, if a deal were to happen, I believe it will happen during the draft tonight.

If the Steelers did come to an agreement with the Raiders, why on earth would they announce it prior to the draft ? Obviously, if they came to 8, and lost Ben to do it, they would be lined up for Claussen. Why give Buffalo and others with qb needs the chance to jump in front of you ? I would tell Oakland deal is done, only if Clausen is there for us at 8. Obviously, this is all speculative, but, if a deal were to happen, I believe it will happen during the draft tonight.

I'm thinking because of scenarios like this it makes sense someone who wants Clausen will have to trade into Cleveland's spot at 7 to take him.

I hope oakland picks clausen, just to keep this little dream alive for menudo as long as humanly possible.

Agreed, that would be a Hugh win for you. Hopefully, it happens for you.... Good luck ! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...