[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seeking Much Needed Draft Advice

shaneomac

First post, thanks to everyone in advance for any help you can provide. I am drafting number 9 in a ten team non PPR redraft league. This is a yahoo league with what I believe is standard scoring (Passing-25 yards per point; 5 points at 400 yard; Rushing-10 yards per point; 5 points at 200 yard; Receiving-10 yards per point; 5 points at 200 yards). The starting roster for the league is QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K DEF, and a flex (QB, WR, RB, TE). I am reasonably new to fantasy football and am looking for advice as to the best possible strategy I should employ on draft day. While I realize the most successful draft strategies are those implemented as the draft takes place, I would like a basic strategy to follow before starting things off. Being the number nine pick, my plan was to go WR/WR in hopes of picking up two top receivers and go RB/RB in the following rounds. I am also concerned as which RBs I should take with the ninth pick if some with reasonable value should fall to me. While I realize the top four RBs this year will be gone by my pick, are there other RBs that I should be looking to fall to me if someone decides to mix things up where it would be in my best interest to draft them over a top WR. Basically any help regarding my draft would be much appreciated especially in regards to the flex position as I normally play 3WR. Thanks again.

Im in the same boat as you. The #9 spot is, IMO, one of the best spots to be in and without a doubt you take the BEST WR avail for your 1st pick. At the turn back to you, if one of the 4 top WR are still there, grab the other one (Moss, AJ,Cal J, and Fitz) are the 4 I'm talking about.

I have used this technique for 3 years straight and have been very successful.

Now IF, and this is a big IF, you grab a WR 1st then your left with none of the above mentioned then grab the best RB avail. At this spot you still have Barber, Gore, D Will, Portis, and possably Slaton.

After the 2 rounds look who is there. If you end up with WR,WR then definatly hit RB,RB next. If you got WR,RB then WR might be the best next way to go being that all the mocks I have done so far shows a ton of value for RBs in the 3rd, 4th and even the 5th.

I'm a strong believer of NOT picking a QB untill the 5th, at the earliest. Unless Brady, Manning or Brees drops to the 4th which is highly unlikley