[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help in deciding my 5 keepers in a new league

Hello. I am seeking help in my upcoming draft thru Scoresheet. It is a bit different than my other leagues, this is my first year and I am seeking advice.

I need to keep 5 keepers.

Starters

(1) QB

(2) RBs

(2) WRs

and others stuff. This post is mostly about these primary positions.

I have....

QBs: D Brees, A Rogers

RBs: Ad. Peterson - Minn, Ch Johnson, Ten, M. Jones Drew

WRs: W Welker

TE: T. Gonzales.

To give you a quick snapshot on points / important positions. The Top point getters were QB: D Brees (141.7 pts), RB: D Williams (106 pts), WR: A Johnson (92.7), TE: T Gonzales (71.5).

Here is a break down of the scoring system.

Offensive Players

0.04 Passing Yard

0.20 Completion

1.00 Passing TD

–0.24 Passing Attempt

–1.20 Interception

0.07 Rushing Yard

1.75 Rushing TD

–0.15 Rushing Attempt

0.04 Receiving Yard

0.20 WR/TE/QB Reception

0.10 RB Reception

1.00 Receiving TD

–1.50 Fumble Lost

0.20 Pass 2-pt. Conv.

0.35 Rush 2-pt. Conv.

0.20 Rec. 2-pt. Conv.

What I need help with....for my 5 keepers, I am thinking about Brees, Rogers, AP, C. Johnson and MJD. Important notes a) I can only start 2 RBs - Ch Johnson was #6th in RB scoring last year so he has a good amount of value. I have 4 guys I am definitely keeping....the 2 QBs, AP and MJD. The keeper in the last spot is my quandry. and b.) there are 2 possible trades.

Trade 1 - I can bundle Ch Johnson for Calvin Johnson, WR Det straight up or Ch Johnson + W Welker for Calvin Johnson + a high 2nd round pick.

Trade 2 - Ch Johnson + W Welker for R Moss + a late 4th round pick.

I have the 3rd overall pick in a 10 team league. Sorry for the novel but the system is complex so I want to make sure would be experts have all of the information.

My options:

a) stand pat with my 2 stud QBs and 3 stud RBs

b.) trade for Moss + late 4th round pick

c) trade Ch Johnson for Calvin Johnson straight up, and hope to draft W Welker with my 3rd overall pick. Welker was the 9th overall WR in points last year.

d) trade Ch Johnson + W Welker for Calvin Johnson and a high 2nd round pick.

Please advise if you have reached this far :wacko: Thank you in advance.

I would personally go with Brees, the 3 RB, and Welker.

Having 2 QB keepers when you can only keep 5 is overkill to me - you could probably get Rogers or another comparable QB with your 2nd rounder and take another stud WR with the 1.3.

The only issue is that QBs score so highly in this league. I was already long in information in my initial post so more detail was getting to be too much. The issue that I have is that it is a keeper league and Rogers may eventually be my keeper QB...the other thing is that in total OVERALL points, Brees was #1, but Rogers was #2. Also, if Brees goes down, I feel I need to have a quality backup....who would honestly be a starter on any other team.

The other factor is that becasue everyone gets to keep 5 players out of 32 slots, the traditional "studs" are kept so the first round is really the 6th round. Talent wise, QBs might be someone like Shaub, RBs might be Pierre Thomas, Knowshon, McFadden, WRs might be Colston, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson. Because there is a freakish discrepancy in the QB pts, I am opting to keep 2. The way I look at it is that the best QB is still 1.5 better than the best WR or RB. I think RBs are slightly better than WRs overall.

The only issue is that QBs score so highly in this league. I was already long in information in my initial post so more detail was getting to be too much. The issue that I have is that it is a keeper league and Rogers may eventually be my keeper QB...the other thing is that in total OVERALL points, Brees was #1, but Rogers was #2. Also, if Brees goes down, I feel I need to have a quality backup....who would honestly be a starter on any other team.

The other factor is that becasue everyone gets to keep 5 players out of 32 slots, the traditional "studs" are kept so the first round is really the 6th round. Talent wise, QBs might be someone like Shaub, RBs might be Pierre Thomas, Knowshon, McFadden, WRs might be Colston, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson. Because there is a freakish discrepancy in the QB pts, I am opting to keep 2. The way I look at it is that the best QB is still 1.5 better than the best WR or RB. I think RBs are slightly better than WRs overall.

this doesnt matter if you can only play 1. You CANNOT keep 2 Qb's. Save Brees, AP, MJD, Welker and trade Chris J for Calvin J.