[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need keeper advice on Gore, Steve Smith, and Brees

Steelhead

12 team, 2 keeper PPR league. Scoring is in sig but I’ll post it at the bottom for reference. I won the league last year and drafting 12th.

I’m mulling over my options for keepers. In the past I’ve kept 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and RB/WR before but never kept a QB before. I drafted Brees last year so I’ve got a problem. He was hands above the top scorer in my league. LAG analysis from last season shows a huge drop off in pts from the top 2 QBs to the rest of the pack. RB are more flat and are equal with WR after the top 10. Last year the top 10 RBs outscored WRs then it’s even. 2 previous years the WRs outscored all but the top 3 RBs. Last couple years having solid WRs in this league has reaped dividends (though an additional pt bonus at 100 yds rushing last year helped to even the playing field).

My options are:

Option 1 – Brees / Gore

Option 2 – Brees / Steve Smith

Option 3 – Gore / Smith

I have Colston on my team as well but rate Smitty higher than him. Below are the keepers in this league. Guys have 2 keepers plus a rookie keeper if they qualify. Based on the keepers listed below I’ve done a couple mocks keeping Brees. If I keep Smith then I am looking at Grant/Moreno/P Thomas/FWP/Rice as my RB1 and/or RB2. If I go RB-WR with my back to back picks then WR2 would be Chad Ochocinco/TJH/Berrian…TO if I’m lucky. WRs would definitely be looking ok but I definitely need to get a good sleeper RB in the next couple rounds.

If I keep Gore then I my options are Moreno/P Thomas/FWP/Rice as my RB2. Then WR1 would be Welker/TJH/Berrian as my WR1. That is definitely not an ideal situation. I like my RBs better here but my WRs are a trainwreck.

If I keep Gore and Smith someone will take him in the first, so one more RB or WR will slip down to me, most likely Ronnie Brown or Grant and Chad Johnson or TO. Still not that much better than if I kept Brees. Maybe I’m hung up on the names, but I am not excited over having Ochocinco or Welker as my WR1. That means I’m leaning towards keeping Brees / Smith and rolling the dice with the RBs listed above. Appreciate your thoughts on this

Results

Option 1 – Brees, Gore, Moreno, Welker

Option 2 – Brees, Grant/Moreno, Smith, Ochocinco/TJH

Option 3 – QB TBD, Gore, Grant, Ochocinco/TO

League KeepersRB	MJD		WR	Larry Fitzgerald	QB	Tom BradyRB	Adrian Peterson	WR	Randy Moss		QB	Peyton ManningRB	Michael Turner	WR	Andre Johnson		RB	Chris Johnson	WR	Calvin Johnson		RB	Steven Jackson	WR	Greg Jennings		RB	Matt Forte		WR	Roddy White		RB	Steve Slaton		WR	Anquan Boldin		RB	Brian Westbrook	WR	Eddie Royal		RB	Marion Barber	WR	Desean Jackson		RB	Run DMC				RB	Brandon Jacobs				RB	Deangelo Williams				RB	Reggie Bush				RB	Kevin Smith				RB	Felix Jones	

Scoring rules

QB

1pt per 5 completion

4pt per TD

-2 per INT

1pt per 50yd passing

3pt bonus @300yds

2pt bonus @400yds

RB/WR/TE

1pt per 2 receptions

1pt per 20yd rushing

1pt per 20yd receiving

0.5pt/20yd IKR/IPR

2pt bonus @100 rushing

3pt bonus @150 rushing

2pt bonus @200 rushing

3pt bonus @150 receiving

2pt bonus @200 receiving

Start 1 QB,2 RB,3 WR,and 1 TE,K,DEF

I like option 1...only instead of going RB/WR or WR/RB...I would go WR/WR and grab Housh and Welker. Two rock solid WR's then go after RB2 later.

I would go with Option 1. I personally don't trust Delhomme and Gore plays in a weak division with a defensive minded coach which means.. RUN RUN RUN..... I think you look for value at the 12, 13 spot... depending on what is available I would go WR/RB, unless you have 2 WR's rated well above any remaning RB's.