[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade up for Peterson....is it worth it?

krose1975

I am in a 12 team standard league (non-PPR) and currently have the #2 overall pick. I had inquired about moving up from 2 to 1 to grab Peterson. The guy at #1 made me this offer:

-swap our 1st and 2nd round picks

-he gets my 3rd round pick

-I get his 4th.

Basically, I'd be losing my 3rd round pick (#26 overall) and repolacing it with #48 overall. Do you think it's worth it for Peterson??? Thanks!

I don't think it would be worth it to me ... I see the difference in FF points by end of season between AP and [insert name of other RB here] the other guys that would likely fall to the 2nd overall pick (such as MJD, Turner, LT, SJax - whomever, based on your own projections) as being no more than 20-25 points, unless AP manages to find the end zone 24 times or something, which is pretty tough to predict. There is something to be said for reliability / consistency as regards your 1st round pick, but personally, I'd not be inclined to drop from #26 overall to #48 overall a bit later in the draft just to ensure that I get AP in the 1st over whomever you might choose as the #2 overall selection.

I don't think it would be worth it to me ... I see the difference in FF points by end of season between AP and [insert name of other RB here] the other guys that would likely fall to the 2nd overall pick (such as MJD, Turner, LT, SJax - whomever, based on your own projections) as being no more than 20-25 points, unless AP manages to find the end zone 24 times or something, which is pretty tough to predict. There is something to be said for reliability / consistency as regards your 1st round pick, but personally, I'd not be inclined to drop from #26 overall to #48 overall a bit later in the draft just to ensure that I get AP in the 1st over whomever you might choose as the #2 overall selection.

That's what I'm trying to weigh.....is Peterson really going to be "that" much better than MJD or Turner that it would be worth it to lose out om my 3rd round pick (maybe a guy like Colston,. Roddy White, etc.)

I just seen a crazy trade in my TD only league. Since it is TD's only I don't think Peterson carries nearly the weight he does here as he does in standard scoring leagues but a guy just swapped 1st/2nds and threw in his 4th round pick.

So he traded his 1.06, 2.07 and 4.08 for the 1.01 and 2.12

To me this is nuts. I wish I had got the 1 pick just so I could make this deal.

I drew the 1.04 and I am trying to trade down.

Going from 1.06 down to 1.01 might take the 4th rounder, and might be worth it if you don't want to take a chance on Chris Johnson or Clinton Portis. However, going from 1.02 to 1.01 is not worth a 3rd, 4th or 5th in my opinion, unless you really believe Peterson is going to improve greatly on last years numbers. Or that the rest of the RBs are going to all fall over. Stick with MJD or LT2 and save your 3rd.

Keep in mind - that your third rounder is pretty much a late third and his fourth rounder is pretty much and early fifth. If both picks were solidly in their respective rounds, then I'd say 'go for it' but this is all too much.

With that said - if you are not going to trade up for Peterson, I'd trade down in this round because I don't feel MoDrew is all that better then the next handful of backs.