[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Help: McFadden, Welker, or Draft?

12 Teams, typical QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,RB/WR,TE,K,DEF setup keeper league.

I have this keeper choice to make:

a. Darren McFadden

b. Wes Welker

c. Keep the draft pick (late 3rd round...but actually more like a late 5th round pick due to all of the keepers trimming the draft pool)

I already have Forte and Rodgers as keepers. I figure McFadden will be available right around that pick, but so might guys like Derrick Ward or Roy Williams. Thoughts? :wacko:

Edited by Ten Yard Guard

I'd think Welker will be more valuable for you than any of the players you'd likely get as a "draft pick" replacement, especially in a PPR format, but even if no PPR ... McFadden not so much. So would probably keep Welker.

I'd think Welker will be more valuable for you than any of the players you'd likely get as a "draft pick" replacement, especially in a PPR format, but even if no PPR ... McFadden not so much. So would probably keep Welker.

Yeah, no PPR. I guess my concern is that Welker's absolute ceiling is top 10 WR (he just doesn't get a lot of red zone coverage), whereas McFadden is either RB3 or RB1 depending on the state of chaos in Oakland. Thanks for the input!

... I guess my concern is that Welker's absolute ceiling is top 10 WR (he just doesn't get a lot of red zone coverage) ...

FWIW.

Not to say that he will without fail duplicate last year's output, but there is something to be said for Welker's consistency week to week ... FF points per game for Welker below from the (non-PPR) league where I owned him last season, note only 2 "stinker" weeks where he put up < 5 FF points in a non-PPR format:

Bye

... I understand what you are saying about Welker having a fairly firm "top end" productivity-wise, just additional food for thought, as it was nice to be able to "count on" 7-12 points from my WR2 position pretty much every game.

Edited by ts

Fair point. I'll be honest; in two keeper years he has been my only good receiver - I always get stuck with wilting flowers like Torry Holt and Ocho as a WR1 otherwise. It's just that the lack of TDs really hurt; last season I think I only had one non-QB player score TDs for me through two weeks!

Anyway, with the lack of sure-talent at the front of the draft I will give it some thought. Thanks.