[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New rule change.

fpuma

I suppose that it is good in that it eliminates teams stocking up on one position and screwing others in the process, especially in a 2-QB starting league where a team can literally not be able to field a starting lineup if they do not jump on the position early.

Having said that, however, I do not like restrictions that limit your drafting style. If you want to draft RB the first 6 rounds, you should be able to if you wish...

I suppose that it is good in that it eliminates teams stocking up on one position and screwing others in the process, especially in a 2-QB starting league where a team can literally not be able to field a starting lineup if they do not jump on the position early.

Having said that, however, I do not like restrictions that limit your drafting style. If you want to draft RB the first 6 rounds, you should be able to if you wish...

yeah, I also hate leagues that allow owners to have to use strategy and build their own rosters.

The first 12 rounds will be your starting lineup. This means that you must fill your starting lineup first prior to drafting reserves!

I dont agree with this rule change. Just wondering if its common.

A rule like that could never be enforced if you are able to put whomever you want to into your lineup on Sunday's. The players you end up with can be played at anytime I'm assuming which makes this just like any other draft. So whatever play along and say your drafting your starters in certain rounds then play whomever you want screw them. What's to keep you from doing that? And it's anything but ''common'', I've never heard of such a crazy nonsensical rule.

Edited by xPattonx

A rule like that could never be enforced if you are able to put whomever you want to into your lineup on Sunday's. The players you end up with can be played at anytime I'm assuming which makes this just like any other draft. So whatever play along and say your drafting your starters in certain rounds then play whomever you want screw them. What's to keep you from doing that? And it's anything but ''common'', I've never heard of such a crazy nonsensical rule.

Pretty sure it is that the first players you draft are your week one starters.

Assuming that is the case, I'd almost be tempted to see what would happen if you said f it and drafted whatever you wanted anyway, figuring that meant you rolled without a K or a D in the first week.

Seriously. Who is your commish...Hugo Chavez?

A couple guys thought this was a good idea because they didnt like the fact that a few of us stock up on rbs. Once the rule was released to the league everyone went nuts and it was overturned. I agree. Rules like this should be voted on.

Rule restrictions like this only level the playing field between smarter FFers and less savvy FFers. It hog-ties every owner's drafting and negates acquiring value when it presents itself, regardless of what round the draft is in.

I guess that speaks to where your commish is and why he favors this rule...

Pretty sure it is that the first players you draft are your week one starters.

Assuming that is the case, I'd almost be tempted to see what would happen if you said f it and drafted whatever you wanted anyway, figuring that meant you rolled without a K or a D in the first week.

I think it means if you start 2RBs you can't draft the 3rd RB until you have a K and DEF.

Sounds like a rule to help those that can't figure out strategy in a draft. I would never play in it.

Edited by kcmast

I think it means if you start 2RBs you can't draft the 3rd RB until you have a K and DEF.

Sounds like a rule to help those that can't figure out strategy in a draft. I would never play in it.

That's what I said, I just said I would be tempted to roll without a K and a D in week one and draft my RB and WR backups once I filled in the rest of my lineup.