[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Advice Brady or Westbrook or Megatron

12 team keeper league. 2 keepers required and can keep a third if a few conditions are satisfied (drafted > 7th, on your roster for the whole season). There will probably be 25 players kept-mostly RBs, a few QB (Rodgers and Rivers), and a few WR (Fitzy, Andre Johnson).

We start: QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, WR/RB, K, D

Scoring:

1 pt / 10 yds rushing, 6 pt / TD

1 pt / 15 yds receiving, .25 pt / reception, 6 pt / TD

1 pt / 30 yds passing, 5 pass TD, -2 INT

We expanded from 10 to 12 teams in the offseason. the new teams get the first 4 picks of the draft and then have the last picks in round 3.

My keeper options: Slaton, Westbrook, Brady, and Calvin Johnson. Schaub will be my third keeper. Slaton doesnt qualify b/c I got him via FAAB in preseason.

I have pick #12 and #21. Most people will go WR or QB before me.

In 2008, top QBs scored: 303, 291, 286, 271, 260...207 (#12 Romo). Brady scored 408 in 2007.

top RB: 287, 272, 242, 241, 241...146 (#25 Jonathan Stewart)

top WR: 191, 181, 178, 162, 158 ...113 (#25, Isaac Bruce)

So Slaton is my first keeper. Either Brady or Westy is a gamble here. but i must keep 1 Megatron shouldnt be kept b/c of reduced value of WR?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Can you make a trade before keepers are determined? Mainly, as you get to keep Schaub under your rules, can you look in to dealing Brady for either a player you would prefer to keep or a good pick?

Lot of scenarios here.

Do you get anything if you don't protect a third, or does it cost you anything to keep the third player?

As for WR value, you need to be looking at the 36th WR scoring to baseline that as you require 3 starting WRS. Be interested in seeing what the scoring drop was from 25 to 36 to see what that does to your typical WR valuations.

Let me chew on this a bit, and if you can get back to me on some of the above questions, that would be helpful.

Can you make a trade before keepers are determined? Mainly, as you get to keep Schaub under your rules, can you look in to dealing Brady for either a player you would prefer to keep or a good pick?

Lot of scenarios here.

Do you get anything if you don't protect a third, or does it cost you anything to keep the third player?

As for WR value, you need to be looking at the 36th WR scoring to baseline that as you require 3 starting WRS. Be interested in seeing what the scoring drop was from 25 to 36 to see what that does to your typical WR valuations.

Let me chew on this a bit, and if you can get back to me on some of the above questions, that would be helpful.

thanks for the response.

i'm trying to trade Brady, but havent had much success.

I only lose my last round pick for keeping Schaub. if i kept both brady and schaub, someone will have to deal for one.

2008 WR: 191 to 90 (#36).

2007: 262 (moss, of course) to 160 (#10), 114 (#25), to 93 (#36).

Since you are getting Schaub as essentially a last round pick, and have had trouble finding a trade partner, I lean towards letting brady go.

While the historic value numbers aren;t there, I think Westbrook is enough of a risk, and CJ enough of an upside guy that I would keep CJ in this situation, but I would be shopping these guys hard to try and get something for them rather than putting them back in the draft pool.