[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper advice...tough decision IMO

LayLow

My local is a standard scoring/ standard lineup 10 team league in which we CAN decide to keep any player from previous years team. The hitch is that the draft order is opposite the standings of last year. So

ME!!!

In choosing keepers, on draft day we start at 10 and go back, each person declaring their keeper in order. In some cases we know who is going to keep who...but in others it is a little more unpredictable. The catch is...you can keep someone or not. If you don't, you and the other people that didn't keep anyone go into a hat and have the choice of grabbing from all available players that haven't been kept, EXCEPT the players on YOUR OWN TEAM (so you can't not keep someone only to then choose one of your own players back anyway). Here are some players that COULD be available since they were on the same team and can't all be kept:

Deanglo will, Westy, Jacobs, Fitz, Moss, Chris Johnson, Portis, Forte, Slaton

Here is my keeper options : Brees, Andre Johnson, LT, Pierre Thomas, Roddy White

Dilemma: I could keep someone and miss out on the chance for someone better or I could go into the pool with other people not keeping and maybe get somone better or not. Seriously, I think there could be half of the league not keeping anyone.

What do you think or are their any questions for me?

hey LL, welcome back.

Your post was convoluted I KNOW. Let me see if I understand it:

1. You can only keep one player or none? Correct

2. All players not kept get put into a separate pool from all the FAs? All players not kept are available

3. All owners not keeping their one player get randomly ordered for the "Keeper Draft"? Yes. We call it "Supplemental Keeper Draft"

4. Then after that one round of the "Keeper Draft", the regular serpentine draft starts? Correct

If that's all correct, then what you're saying is... you'd rather give up Andre Johnson or LT at a chance for getting randomly selected for a top pick in the "keeper draft"? Sure, go for it since you can't really lose a player of the quality of AJ or LT cuz there's plenty of quality players available and you want a shot at... who? I don't see anyone particularly better or worse.

Really wanted to know if I should just keep AJ or LT instead of taking a shot at say Forte who I may not get and instead have to take a guy like say slaton as my #1 guy. My next pick will be the 19th player taken.

it's okay, you're rusty, but damn you hurt my brain.

Yes, keep AJ or LT. Which? Depends on how you want to approach your draft.

But I'd rather keep one of them than roll the dice for a smaller chance at only a slight 'upgrade'... and I don't think Forté is that much of an upgrade (if at all) over LT.

Thanks. Explaining my league is impossible. I should have just said "keep LT or AJ" if my next pick will be the 19th player taken.

A different setup, but certainly provides for some great strategy.... especially if you blew chunks the previous year and get to see who is available if you want to opt into the "keeper' draft. Since it does not appear you will be able to significantly upgrade on LT... other than getting a back with similar projections but being younger, but that is not guaranteed, I think I play it safe and go LT. Now, if you could guarantee that Slaton, Forte and Johnson would all be in the draft and you could get one of them, then by all means do the swap and not keep anyone, but since you can't, stick with LT.

A different setup, but certainly provides for some great strategy.... especially if you blew chunks the previous year and get to see who is available if you want to opt into the "keeper' draft. Since it does not appear you will be able to significantly upgrade on LT... other than getting a back with similar projections but being younger, but that is not guaranteed, I think I play it safe and go LT. Now, if you could guarantee that Slaton, Forte and Johnson would all be in the draft and you could get one of them, then by all means do the swap and not keep anyone, but since you can't, stick with LT.

Thanks BC

The guy that drafts 10th declares his keeper before me and his choices are between Fitz, Moss, Calvin, Chris Johnson...I would assume he would keep FItz or CJ. It is pretty risky for me there...It doesn't pay the year after to be in the money the year before, but that is how we decided to set it up.