[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR or RB at 1.8 - your opinion is appreciated

SpinalTapp

12 man league. I start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr flex, 1 te, 1k, 1dst. Everyone keeps four players - so 48 players are off the board on draft day.

My keepers are T.Brady, M.Turner, M.Forte, and A.Gates

Factoring keepers, I believe the following players could be available to me at 1.8

D.Williams

B.Jacobs

M.Barber

L.Fitz

R.Moss

A.Johnson

I am inclined to go WR/WR and then pick up the best available RB in the third round as my flex. I think I will end up with this lineup

Brady

Turner

Forte

L.Fitz

R.Moss or AJohnson

K.Moreno/Wells/Stewart/McGahee likely in third round

Gates

My only other option is to grab B.Jacobs or the best RB at 1.8 and go WR with my 2nd round pick and third round pick. that would make my lineup look like this

Brady

Jacobs

Turner

Forte

R.Moss

R.Williams/H.Ward/Evans likely in third round

Gates

Which direction would you go??? WR/WR/RB or RB/WR/WR

Our keeper rules state that you CANNOT keep any player drafted in Rounds 1 - 3. We can keep any player drafted in the fourth round or later. So, most stud players are available in the re-draft pool. I drafted Brady in the fourth round two years ago, Turner in the fifth two years ago, Gates in the fourth two years ago, and Forte at 4.2 last year. I have a sick keeper team under the rules of league. Most teams have at best two good players.

12 man league. I start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr flex, 1 te, 1k, 1dst. Everyone keeps four players - so 48 players are off the board on draft day.

My keepers are T.Brady, M.Turner, M.Forte, and A.Gates

Factoring keepers, I believe the following players could be available to me at 1.8

D.Williams

B.Jacobs

M.Barber

L.Fitz

R.Moss

A.Johnson

I am inclined to go WR/WR and then pick up the best available RB in the third round as my flex. I think I will end up with this lineup

Brady

Turner

Forte

L.Fitz

R.Moss or AJohnson

K.Moreno/Wells/Stewart/McGahee likely in third round

Gates

My only other option is to grab B.Jacobs or the best RB at 1.8 and go WR with my 2nd round pick and third round pick. that would make my lineup look like this

Brady

Jacobs

Turner

Forte

R.Moss

R.Williams/H.Ward/Evans likely in third round

Gates

Which direction would you go??? WR/WR/RB or RB/WR/WR

1-Fitz 2-Jacobs.. Pulling this off shouldn't be a problem in pretty much any draft this year. Jacobs is lasting until near mid second in most drafts and Fitz should be there at 8, if not I would go Moss over Andre at 8. I would also consider SJax at 8.

1-Fitz 2-Jacobs.. Pulling this off shouldn't be a problem in pretty much any draft this year. Jacobs is lasting until near mid second in most drafts and Fitz should be there at 8, if not I would go Moss over Andre at 8. I would also consider SJax at 8.

The teams picking after me are RB hungry - I believe seven backs will come off the board after my 1.8 pick. Jacobs will not be there in the 2nd round. I think the backs available with my 2.5 pick will be Parker or LJ.

If I am going to take an RB in the first two rounds, I have to do it at 1.8 or not at all.

I see the first eight picks as follows (knowing our owners)

AP

MJD

LT

SJax

Westy (if healthy)

Gore

Portis

Jacobs/Barber/DWill available at 1.8 along with Fitz or Moss

The teams picking after me are RB hungry - I believe seven backs will come off the board after my 1.8 pick. Jacobs will not be there in the 2nd round. I think the backs available with my 2.5 pick will be Parker or LJ.

If I am going to take an RB in the first two rounds, I have to do it at 1.8 or not at all.

I see the first eight picks as follows (knowing our owners)

AP

MJD

LT

SJax

Westy (if healthy)

Gore

Portis

Jacobs/Barber/DWill available at 1.8 along with Fitz or Moss

If it was me.... I would take Andre Johnson. You can make a solid argument for SJax/Gore if they are still there. They have easy schedules and Spagnola comes from a team who built their offense around the running back..... WR/WR isn't a bad option.... plenty of lower tier depth in the RB department this year in my opinion. You should be able to grab a decent member of a RBBC later to solidy some depth and possibly the flex spot.

You nice keepers but none of them are WRs. Thus, IMO, you should take a WR at 1.8 and Fitz is the safest bet. Moss if you want to roll the dice a bit and hope for another 2008 type season out of him. Brady to Moss could be feast or famine for you. I'd probably look for another stud WR on the way back in rnd 2 unless a nice back really fell, and then try for sleeper RB value later. Lots of RBs in the 19-25 area that could produce nicely.

Scoring system?

If it is PPR, then I can see stronger arguments for going WR, but still, the chance to add even DWill to the RB corp you have, knowing that the draft focus will be RB leaving better WRs there for you in the 2nd/3rd makes a very enticing opportunity to roll into the season with 3 potential stud backs that could start for you every week and still be able to build a strong WR corp based on the WRs that will likely still be there for you in the 2nd/3rd.

I think I would go with Jacobs or Williams, you play 2 rb's and can have a flex RB, and you said everyone after you is RB crazy, so the likelyhood is that a good receiver will still be there in the next and later rounds. I posted this and am now editing this because I did not see Big Country's post. I will just 2nd his opinion.

Edited by Fighting Milk Cows

Scoring system?

If it is PPR, then I can see stronger arguments for going WR, but still, the chance to add even DWill to the RB corp you have, knowing that the draft focus will be RB leaving better WRs there for you in the 2nd/3rd makes a very enticing opportunity to roll into the season with 3 potential stud backs that could start for you every week and still be able to build a strong WR corp based on the WRs that will likely still be there for you in the 2nd/3rd.

Big -

We are in a standard performance scoring system - no PPR. I think the WRs left when I pick in the third will be Roy Williams, Hines Ward, maybe Housh. Conversely, if I go WR/WR, the RBs left when I pick in the third will likely be Wells, Moreno, Stewart, or McGahee.

So, if I go DWill and Moss or A.Johnson in the 2nd, I would come back with Roy, Hines, or Housh in the third.

thoughts?

Tap

Big -

We are in a standard performance scoring system - no PPR. I think the WRs left when I pick in the third will be Roy Williams, Hines Ward, maybe Housh. Conversely, if I go WR/WR, the RBs left when I pick in the third will likely be Wells, Moreno, Stewart, or McGahee.

So, if I go DWill and Moss or A.Johnson in the 2nd, I would come back with Roy, Hines, or Housh in the third.

thoughts?

Tap

That would be a pretty good draft and leave you very solid at both RB and WR.

Big -

thoughts?

Tap

Depending on any roster limits you may or may not have, if you were to go DWill and Moss, you may have some BYE week issues Week 4(Turner and DWill off) and Week 8(Brady and Moss and maybe HWard off). Just something to consider as you're weighing your options I guess...

FWIW, a starting lineup of Brady, Forte, Turner, Fitz, AJ/Moss, BW/KM/JS, and Gates would be highly enviable, IMO, and tough to beat most weeks(if you could swing it)...

Big -

thoughts?

Tap

IMO, that would be a sick lineup.

I think you'd be better off going WR in the 1st - PPR or not - since the few "elite" WRs (based on all the mocks I have seen) will be flying off the board early & often. If you pass on the likes of Fitz in Rd 1, he will NOT be there for you in Rd 2, and I doubt that you can bank on Moss/AJ being there in Rd 2 anyway.

You already have 2 solid RBs, so getting a top WR at 1.8 is a must IMO. As for Rd 2, if Moss/AJ are somehow still there, get one of them - but be prepared to instead "settle" for 1 of the RBs that may be "left over", (such as Barber or Jacobs?). This approach should net you a solid group of starters across the board, with a "difference maker" at a couple of positions to boot.

based on your lineup...go Fitz in the 1st....and then take the best available player in the 2nd whether it be WR or RB...

if you see AJ or Moss there in the 2nd, take them....

Brady, Turner, Forte, Fitz, (whoever the best WR is with your 2nd pick) and Gates would be a crazy lineup...

then if you see someone like Pierre Thomas available (unlikely) then I would take him unless he was kept...