[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raider Locals

Cowboyz1

Hey Raider homers, need your advice. I know your first inclination will be to stay home but I want to take my family to the Dallas Raider game this Thursday. Need some seating info. I have the option of club around 246 are they decent? I want to be able to see the whole field and not get killed, ha.

Any advice would be appreciated. Looking for a fun game day experience for the family. Thanks.

What are game day prices, should I just go to game and grab some when I get there at the gate or pre buy? It's pre-season so I thought this question may apply.

Hey Raider homers, need your advice. I know your first inclination will be to stay home but I want to take my family to the Dallas Raider game this Thursday. Need some seating info. I have the option of club around 246 are they decent? I want to be able to see the whole field and not get killed, ha.

Any advice would be appreciated. Looking for a fun game day experience for the family. Thanks.

What are game day prices, should I just go to game and grab some when I get there at the gate or pre buy? It's pre-season so I thought this question may apply.

Club 246 are great seats - you should be able to see most everything. Obviously you'll be a little closer to the south Endzone, but it shouldn't be a problem. You can actually check out a virtual tour and see exactly what it would look like from your seats.

If you pass on the 246 seats, stay on the East Side of the stadium - much better view of the game imo.

Buying tickets when you get there is always an option, but just save yourself the trouble.

As for the fun game day experience for the family... despite what many might think, it is possible at a Raider game.

Now I'm sure you love your Cowboys and you and the family want to show your support for them... but seriously, don't. Wearing your Cowboy hat isn't worth the comments and boos you would get along the way. Save yourself the trouble, dress plainly (or in grey or black shirts) and just go and have a good time and no one will bother you.

Club 246 are great seats - you should be able to see most everything. Obviously you'll be a little closer to the south Endzone, but it shouldn't be a problem. You can actually check out a virtual tour and see exactly what it would look like from your seats.

If you pass on the 246 seats, stay on the East Side of the stadium - much better view of the game imo.

Buying tickets when you get there is always an option, but just save yourself the trouble.

As for the fun game day experience for the family... despite what many might think, it is possible at a Raider game.

Now I'm sure you love your Cowboys and you and the family want to show your support for them... but seriously, don't. Wearing your Cowboy hat isn't worth the comments and boos you would get along the way. Save yourself the trouble, dress plainly (or in grey or black shirts) and just go and have a good time and no one will bother you.

Thanks so much for the info, I am not stupid enough to ask for trouble, I may just paint myself with silver strips, as i am black already, and enjoy the game, while checking out my teams rooks. Leave my Boys gear in my heart and not on my sleave.

Thanks so much for the info, I am not stupid enough to ask for trouble, I may just paint myself with silver strips, as i am black already, and enjoy the game, while checking out my teams rooks. Leave my Boys gear in my heart and not on my sleave.

coward

Don't wear your Cowboy gear.

Or, wear what you want and don't an azzhole! That works too. It isn't the gear, it's the gear and standing up signaling every first down, then turning to the crowd behind you when your team scores and giving the "stand up" gesture.

I would say never has anyone acting respectful been the subject of disrespect for wearing another's jersey.

Or, wear what you want and don't an azzhole! That works too. It isn't the gear, it's the gear and standing up signaling every first down, then turning to the crowd behind you when your team scores and giving the "stand up" gesture.

I would say never has anyone acting respectful been the subject of disrespect for wearing another's jersey.

Exactly, for the most part you are correct. However, in Oakland and in Philly, just to be on the safe side don't go in wearing Cowboys, Denver, KC, or SD gear in Oaktown. When those gates close your not going anywhere and I have heard some stories of people doing all the right things and the game going very badly for Oakland and the fan with the wrong Jersey was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If it were me and the boys fine, I would be respectful be we could hold our own if need be. However, with the family, no chances need taken. Slip in, enjoy the game and slip out.

Edited by Cowboyz1

You have never worn Packers gear to a game at Soldier Field . . . .have you?

No, but I have worn Bills gear to New England in the 90's on a Monday night and I attended more NFL games then anyone here has and the only trouble I ever saw was brought on by taunting the home crowd when they were down. Which shouldn't bring on anything more than words, but nothing at all would have happened if not for the taunting.

Obviously there are exceptions, but less than 1% I am sure.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

Not sure that strategy works in Oakland.

He should absolutley do what he feels he should do to keep his family safe. But Jesus, if you're that worried about it, why go at all? Two drunks fighting and crash into you and God forbids a child is injured, is more likely to happen and it doesn't matter what you're wearing or doing.

Not sure that strategy works in Oakland.

Sounds like a prison yard then and why would anyone take their family or themselves there?

I hope we aren't judging the "badass" dressed up Raiders fans based on the gameday bump shot. Cuz those guys look like dorks to me.

There's violence in NFL stadiums but I have yet to hear about the husband and young kids eating hotdogs being attacked.

"You better tell that toddler to shut the F up or Im coming down there"

I'd bet alot of money it's drunk guy number 1 saying to pissed off drunk guys 1, 2, and 3, "Hey you guys suck, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!' Then drunk guy number one gets the shzit kicked out of him or worse.

Wrong, disgusting, and deplorable, but it woulda never happened, unless....

Sorry this thread got hijacked, but it's a pet peeve of mine that NFL stadiums are dangerous to the everyday NORMAL, SOBER and intellegent human.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

Sorry this thread got hijacked, but it's a pet peeve of mine that NFL stadiums are dangerous to the everyday NORMAL, SOBER and intellegent human.

Me and my friend, with his Redskins cap, were waiting in line at Qwest Field before the Redskins-Seahawks wildcard game a couple years ago and he got popped in the back of the head TWICE. I also watched some teenage kid in a Redskins jersey get pummelled by a group of three 20somethings after the game was over.

Never underestimate a drunk NFL fan on gameday.

it's a pet peeve of mine that NFL stadiums are dangerous to the everyday NORMAL, SOBER and intellegent human.

It usually isnt the sober, normal, intelligent humans that start the trouble. It is the crazed, drunk, dickheads that can make games unsafe for OPPOSING FANS WEARING OPPOSING TEAM COLORS.

No none is saying dont go to the game, they are saying just dont wear cowboys colors JUST IN CASE.

Exactly, for the most part you are correct. However, in Oakland and in Philly, just to be on the safe side don't go in wearing Cowboys, Denver, KC, or SD gear in Oaktown. When those gates close your not going anywhere and I have heard some stories of people doing all the right things and the game going very badly for Oakland and the fan with the wrong Jersey was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If it were me and the boys fine, I would be respectful be we could hold our own if need be. However, with the family, no chances need taken. Slip in, enjoy the game and slip out.

That's what's sad. A guy and his family getting harrassed just because they have Cowboys gear on? One would think any normal person would see the family with you and leave you alone. But once the beer starts flowing, the redneck really comes out in some.

I went to the Denver-Oakland Monday night game in Oakland back in 2001 (it was the MNF game where Elam kicked the FG that counted for the 20,000th point in MNF history). I have been a Broncos fan since I can remember. I was in town for work so went to the game alone. I wore a Broncos t-shirt UNDER an anonymous jacket. I saw plenty of unprovoked harrassing of Broncos fans wearing gear that night to realize it would be pretty foolish to wear your team's gear there even if you act like a saint. The Raiders whipped Denver that night, but that didn't keep the drunks from getting crazy. It was an overall cool experience though...

Edited by MTSuper7