[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4th Pick PPR Leage

Title Town

12-team point-per-reception league drafting tomorrow and I have the 4th pick. Assuming AP, MJD, and Forte go 1-3 (if not I'll take one of them) who should I draft next? This basically boils down to:

Michael Turner (with his tough schedule and lack of receptions)

Steven Jackson (coming back from injuries on the Rams inept offense) or

LaDanian Tomlinson (trying to hold off age and Sproles).

We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex

5 pts Pass/td, 6 pts Rush/Rec TD, 1/25 pass, 1/10 rush/red

Thanks.

Thanks for the link, but the other thread wasn't much help. They never really came to a conclusion, and most of the conjecture focused on MJD being there at 4 - he won't be.

I'm beginning to lean towards Tomlinson for a couple of reasons. His schedule looks to be the easiest of the three backs. After a stretch of Baltimore, Miami, Pittsburgh and bye week, he has it pretty damn easy the rest of the year. Meanwhile Turner's schedule is just nasty. Only Buffalo (week 16) did not rank in the top 20 in rushing defense (ypg) last year. SJax falls somewhere in between - he has to face Minn. and Wash. early but then his schedule also resembles a cakewalk, including Houston and Arizona weeks 15-16.

Thoughts?

I recently went 5th in a PPR. Tomlinson went 4th and Turner went 6th. I chose Jackson over Turner simply because Jackson won't play Carolina and Tampa Bay twice each. I'd have taken Tomlinson had he been there. It was always among those 3 for me.

Good luck.

I've got the #2 and #1 picks in my drafts and BOTH are PPR. I'm seriously thinking about MJD in both of them thinking that Peterson will go #1 for the guy ahead of me in the first draft. Then, a couple of mock drafts later and I see that I'm seriously hurting for a top tier WR at 20 and 21. Thinking about trying to trade down to #4 or #5 in both but then who do you pick? I just can't get quick jacked enough about Turner with Gonzalez there to take away red zone TDs potentially, the toughness of the Falcon schedule, and his complete lack of catches. Jackson nearly killed me with injuries last year. LT?...no way to see him as anything but a risk in the top 5. I love that the Huddle has him w/ 50 catches and CBS with 22. Whether you like/hate either, it just shows it's hard to know how to deal with him.

So:

1. I'm not helping you any, sorry

2. I think I'm sticking where I am

If I have to say, go LT. Rivers big year last year should open that O up fairly well. A lot of times when in doubt I pick the guy from the high-powered O over the guy who is the only weapon. The lack of scoring in St. Louis gives SJax a little less upside for TDs. Either one would have to be my pick at #4 after the 3 you mentioned with Gore right behind even though in that "only weapon" category, too.