[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper advice

In our league, we are eligible to keep up to 5 drafted players from last season as long as they are drafted after the 6th round. Each season a "keeper' moves up 3 draft slots until they are either cut from the roster or move into the top 6 rounds.

I plan to keep: Warner, Cutler, Roddy White, Jennings, Chris Johnson, Wil Blackmon and Leodis McKelvin (both DB's that get return yards = big points) :D

HERE IS MY QUANDRY... I can keep either Ryan Grant (as a 17th rounder) or Ronne Brown (as a 12th rounder). I like Grant's schedule better and is 5 rounds later BUT Brown looks to be 'the guy' this year and gets more passing action. We do play in a PPR league. I'm torn... :wacko:

Which one do you think is the better keeper??

THANKS for your thoughts!!! :D

You say you can keep up to 5, yet list 7 you are keeping and are debating between two others. So, just how many can you keep.

Also, you are debating between two decnt RBs, but are protecting 2 QBs? Are you in a start 2 QB league?

A lot of things not adding up, so some more details would be helpful, but. as the question is posed, I protect Grant.

You say you can keep up to 5, yet list 7 you are keeping and are debating between two others. So, just how many can you keep.

Also, you are debating between two decnt RBs, but are protecting 2 QBs? Are you in a start 2 QB league?

A lot of things not adding up, so some more details would be helpful, but. as the question is posed, I protect Grant.

+1

Grant for a 17th rounder is AWESOME value.

Plus Cutler was drafted after the 6th round in 2008 in a 5 player keeper league?

How many teams are in this league?

Disregard the 2 DB's.. they were free agent selections that qualify as keepers but not as drafted keepers. We can keep 8 total... 5 max drafted then 3 'others' (either 3 freeagents or 2 free agents and an IR selection). Blackmon and McKelvin were both Free agents.

also.... we may only keep a maximum of 2 players from any position.... so that leads me to keep Warner and Cutler. We draft 3 QB's. Only play 1.

So my big dilema really is just the Grant vs Brown issue. I like both guys. What happened to the play calling in Miami last year makes me nervous... on the other hand Brown is better in PPR format. Grant has been to conditioning training this offseason that other backs go to... and supposedly looks great in camp. The Miami reports also say Brown is looking very good in camp too.

I have to submit one of these guys by tonight.