My blog from Iraq

Swiss Cheezhead

I've had a bunch of people ask me how I'm doing over here and what it's like, and I figured the general Huddle populace might be curious, too. So, I thought I'd post this.

When I got notified of my deployment orders, the local newspaper in Tucson asked me if I'd write a blog for their Web site. I agreed, and starting with the plane ride after leaving my family in the terminal, I've written six entries so far.

If you care to read them, go here: http://regulus2.azstarnet.com/blogs/indirectfire (most recent first, so if you have to scroll down to start from the beginning).

I want to be clear: I'm not getting paid for this, and I'm not trying to drum up "hits" to the site. I just thought I'd share it with y'all. Enjoy.

:wacko:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wishing you a successful tour and a quick and safe return! I never know if it's proper to salute a solider simply out of respect (being that I have never been one myself)... but from my heart and soul "I SALUTE YOU!"

Edited by millerx

Good luck man. Hope things go well. As a parent, it is tough to read that first entry about leaving your wife and kid. I have some buddies that served (and could get internet in their room). They would IM with their wife every night. It's not perfect but they swore it helped. Take care man.

First, stay safe. Second, thank you for your service. Third, this is frickin awsome. I know that anything that comes from over there has been through the hands of the military censors so it may not be EXACLTY as you wrote it but I like the brief glimpse behind the curtain that it provides. You write very well and you capture enough of "you" in the blog to make it seem real. More than just another hoorah piece. Please keep up the great work.