[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Chef: Las Vegas

TDFFFreak

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo just keeps this rolling. Top Chef Masters hasn't even finished yet. I'm not a freak like Darin, this is just about the only reality TV I'll watch. :wacko:

I wonder if they were filming this last year during WCOFF. We saw Colichio in the Hilton bar with a few friends. I'm thinking the turnaround is quicker than 11 months though.

Of course, I'll watch. :wacko:

Didn't someone say that Colichio has a place in Vegas and that he likes to hang around there?

I wonder if they were filming this last year during WCOFF. We saw Colichio in the Hilton bar with a few friends. I'm thinking the turnaround is quicker than 11 months though.

Of course, I'll watch. :wacko:

I don't know for sure, but I am almost certain that the turnaround has got to be quicker than 11 months. I am thinking they shoot the first part (before the final 3/4 go to another location) about 4-6 months (or less) before it begins to air.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. They keep doinig the ingredient relay earlier and earlier--but what makes it good is having some rivalries and friendships already established. . . plus, later in the season, the riffraff (WHO HAVE NEVER OPENED CLAMS) have already been eliminated, so you don't get five chefs standing around with thumbs up butts for 15 minutes.

Peace

policy

Ugh. They keep doinig the ingredient relay earlier and earlier--but what makes it good is having some rivalries and friendships already established. . . plus, later in the season, the riffraff (WHO HAVE NEVER OPENED CLAMS) have already been eliminated, so you don't get five chefs standing around with thumbs up butts for 15 minutes.

Peace

policy

At least they get a relay out of the way early. It's one of the least interesting things that they do on Top Chef. If I want to watch a relay, I'll go check out I Love Money on VH1 or Road Rules/Real World Challenge on MTV. Top Chef is better than those shows by a country mile. I already have a few favorites and a douchebag after last night's season opener.

Glad to see

Rick Bayless

win TC Masters. I'm a hugh fan of Mexican food and you can tell he truly understands and appreciates the culture that goes with it.

+1 I would love to try his food. It looks like all 3 of his restaurants are in Chicago though.

This year's episode of TC: LV looks pretty good. I have no idea what that was that the loser this week cooked. It looked hideous. Also, the bacon donuts were just out there. You have your whole life to draw from to impress these people and you pick that?

+1 I would love to try his food. It looks like all 3 of his restaurants are in Chicago though.

going to The Frontera Grill tomorrow. Not sure if it will be for lunch or dinner though, depends on how the day shakes out. I will report back with the results but I am fired up.

going to The Frontera Grill tomorrow. Not sure if it will be for lunch or dinner though, depends on how the day shakes out. I will report back with the results but I am fired up.

Sounds good...looking forward to the report. :wacko:

Even with the early exit of "Neck Tattoo" (who remembers names??), this year easily destroys the record for most tatted up group in show history.

And I'm guessing the hubris record is in jeopardy too, which will be quite a feat.

Some of those dishes did NOT look/sound appealing at all. I know you try to make a splash the first day, but C'MON . .

That stuffed pepper was abysmal to behold.

I see some talent this year, but I also see some explosive personalities, and I hope someone cuts out the tongue of that douchbag from new York . . . what a condecending prick . . .

Even with the early exit of "Neck Tattoo" (who remembers names??), this year easily destroys the record for most tatted up group in show history.

And I'm guessing the hubris record is in jeopardy too, which will be quite a feat.

yeah, and another thing....I don't consider myself to be terribly bigoted or anything, but does half the cast each season really have to be queer AND make such a big deal out of it on the show? unless half of all chefs in the world have the ghey, it seems like they must really be making a concerted effort to bring in that element. and if half of all chefs ARE ghey....is it bier, or is it detlef? :wacko:

yeah, and another thing....I don't consider myself to be terribly bigoted or anything, but does half the cast each season really have to be queer AND make such a big deal out of it on the show? unless half of all chefs in the world have the ghey, it seems like they must really be making a concerted effort to bring in that element. and if half of all chefs ARE ghey....is it bier, or is it detlef? :wacko:

it's the hair challenged one..... also... notice that not too many people on the show really care.

I know you try to make a splash the first day, but C'MON . .

For 3 seasons now I've been saying that's the exact wrong approach. Middle of the pack will get you to the next week every time. This is NOT cumulative. Don't start taking risks until you're in the final 4-6 contestants. Survive and advance.

Any performing/creative art is going to have a higher percentage of openly gay men.

Also, if you are watching Bravo for the manly men and hot ladies, that is a you problem.

Peace

policy