[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Chef: Las Vegas

TDFFFreak

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering something about last night's episode: where did they store the meats overnight that they bought at Whole Foods the day before? I saw coolers, but would that be proper storage in the desert?

Creative camera work, IMO. I doubt they were really roughing it. A lot of those "ranchers" looked like they were city folk vacationing at a dude ranch.

Creative camera work, IMO. I doubt they were really roughing it. A lot of those "ranchers" looked like they were city folk vacationing at a dude ranch.

Yeah, a lot of ten-gallon hats on two-gallon heads, dry-cleaned snap Western shirts, etc.

Peace

policy

And if you read the blogs at Bravo, the grills were propane, not charcoal.

Ok, I can see messing things up if you're not used to cooking over charcoal, but propane? You have got to be kidding me. :wacko:

Again, if you read the blogs at Bravo, it looks like the big problem wasn't the heat they cooked on, but the atmospheric heat. Many rolled with ceviche or other fish-based dishes so they'd avoid having to do much actual cooking--but then they didn't think about refrigeration. I think most of the chefs tried to avoid doing "what everyone would do", and instead very few actually cooked anything ranch-y or southwestern . . . or really even appropriate.

Peace

policy

+1 I would love to try his food. It looks like all 3 of his restaurants are in Chicago though.

This year's episode of TC: LV looks pretty good. I have no idea what that was that the loser this week cooked. It looked hideous. Also, the bacon donuts were just out there. You have your whole life to draw from to impress these people and you pick that?

if you have a passport you can get into canada yah no?

I thought the guy last night saying basically "too bad about losing power" and "you have to deal with problems" when they forced them to overload the circuit breaker on that house with all those cooking devices was completely wrong. I guess they should've started burning the wooden furniture in that rental. I guess next week, they'll ask them to plug in their GE Elite oven into a 110-watt outlet or force the gay French guy to return to treadmill the electricity for it. These cooks are too good to "rig" the challenges this far IMO.

I thought the guy last night saying basically "too bad about losing power" and "you have to deal with problems" when they forced them to overload the circuit breaker on that house with all those cooking devices was completely wrong. I guess they should've started burning the wooden furniture in that rental. I guess next week, they'll ask them to plug in their GE Elite oven into a 110-watt outlet or force the gay French guy to return to treadmill the electricity for it. These cooks are too good to "rig" the challenges this far IMO.

I agree. If the building owner came in and you were serving him dinner and his electrical system caused the problem, he would have to understand. So, Top Chef provided the kitchen, Top Chef judges should've given that team a pass.

I just watched an episode of Iron Chef America pitting Mario Batali against <<Ta DA>> Richard Blaise. The Secret Ingredient was Garanzo Beans. Looked like an awsome battle with some very interesting dishes.

RECAP:

Batali's Dishes

Hamachi Semi Crudo with Ceci Lemon Puree

Hummus with Crumbled Merguez, and Za'atar Flat Bread

Panelle with Calamari Providence br />

Pasta Fagioli with Spot Prawns

Brandade Gratin with Ceci Crust

Blaise's Dishes

Chick Pea Blini with Yogurt and American Caviar

Frozen Hummus with Gazpacho

Cannelloni of Garbanzo Bean with Goat Cheese

Chick Pea Fries with Lamb

Churro of Garbanzo

It was close battle with 3 points separating the two chefs. They tied on the Plating score, Taste went to Batali, and Originality went to Blaise.

The winner?

Iron Chef Batali

Definitely a good watch.

I just watched an episode of Iron Chef America pitting Mario Batali against <<Ta DA>> Richard Blaise. The Secret Ingredient was Garanzo Beans. Looked like an awsome battle with some very interesting dishes.

Another interesting note to that episode, one of Blais's sous chefs is Eli from the current season of Top Chef

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Mike has yet to understand that it was his arrogance that cost him yesterday?

Padma looked lost during the dinner conversation. You would think she's a tramp at heart.

I don't know if Padme has recovered from Penn & Teller episode where it wasn't the first time she had buffalo (or whatever it was) testicles in her mouth. :wacko::D

Natalie Portman...oh the things I would do to you for 3.32 seconds.