[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need New Computer

Footballjoe

My laptop has been on the fritz for quite some time. I was having problems with the battery and using the power cord. For no reason I know of the problem fixed itself. Now its not working again. Also, the computer overheats even though the fan is running and the vents are clear. I know its time for a new computer since this Dell has be problematic for a long time. Anyhow I noticed a few in the paper yesterday and wanted some comments. I use the computer mostly for FF, e mails and surfing the webb. I do not do games on it.

Toshiba Satellite Laptop w/ Intel Pentium Processor T4200 w/ LightScribe DVD Burner

3 GB memory - 250 GB hard Drive - 802.11b/gWLAN - 15.6 inch widescreen

Reg $550 on sale for $400 (L505-55694)

This is at Office Max

Compaq Intel Celeron Processor with Windows Vista Home Premium

3 Gb memory - 160 GB hard drive and Lightscribe disc labeling technology - 15.6 inch widescreen

Comes with 6 month anti-virus subscription Plus free upgrade to Windows 7

$400 at Best Buy (CQ60-417DX)

Any advice would be appreciated. :wacko:

i bought a couple of cheap PCs for my store that had Celeron processors...they were fine running that one very simple program they had to run but I have one set up in my game room now and let's just say I wouldn't buy another with a Celeron