[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Analysis and Graphing

dbforbes

Dear Huddlers:

Since I started playing fantasy football a few years ago, I've invariably started from behind due to poor drafts (not really understanding where to properly take players in the draft). I normally make up for it by building my teams through the waiver wire, a strategy that has been surprisingly successful.

This year I want to do it right, from the start, and wanted to perform a League Analysis and Graphing of the sort discussed in Dave Dorey's book. However, my knowledge of Excel is far less than limited. Consequently, I was wondering whether anybody knows of where I can get my hands on a blank Excel spreadsheat, prepared for such a function, so that I could just plug in the numbers and take it from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Well, Open Microsoft Excel on your computer, and then go to File--> new

If you donl;t have Excel on your computer, then you'll have to use whatever spreadsheet program you have.

Thanks, Buddy! Your insight and eagerness to extend a helping hand are, to say the least, extraordinary!

Thanks, Buddy! Your insight and eagerness to extend a helping hand are, to say the least, extraordinary!

You asked for a blank Excel Sheet, I took your question literally. There are still many not-so- computer savvy folks out there

Search on my name, you're looking to do a basic value analysis... the steps/methods have been documented several times in multiple threads over the years.

unfortunately, as the process is very league specific, you're not likely to find a ready made spreadsheet.

You may do well to start off utilizing rhino's spreadhseet ... search the main forum for his most recent thread. At the very least his sheet could provide a jumping off point for looking at rankings for your league, and, if you go with those projections, it makes it all the easier to do a value analysis rather than doing one based off of several years worth of previous data.

You asked for a blank Excel Sheet, I took your question literally. There are still many not-so- computer savvy folks out there

Search on my name, you're looking to do a basic value analysis... the steps/methods have been documented several times in multiple threads over the years.

unfortunately, as the process is very league specific, you're not likely to find a ready made spreadsheet.

You may do well to start off utilizing rhino's spreadhseet ... search the main forum for his most recent thread. At the very least his sheet could provide a jumping off point for looking at rankings for your league, and, if you go with those projections, it makes it all the easier to do a value analysis rather than doing one based off of several years worth of previous data.

Thanks! I do appreciate the advice!