[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Kenny Watson Cut from Bengals

The Irish Doggy

per bengals.com - Just in case anyone out there was still holding out hope for Watson to repeat 2007.

Also everyone is talking Bernard Scott, but don't loose sight of Brian Leonard on that squad.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Brian Leonard is a role player. Small roles. He wasn't even the best runner on his college team.

Yes, he was. He was ahead of Rice on the depth chart but moved to FB to optimize the players on the field by getting he & Rice on the field at the same time.

When Leonard's draft was occuring, I was sincerely hoping he'd go to GB, since his RB skills were tailor made for what GB does with their RB. Instead he got buried behind Jackson and did what he had to do to get on the field. Leonard is a much more dynamic player than what he showed in STL, and he & Scott could make for a very, very good RB tandem.

Yes, he was. He was ahead of Rice on the depth chart but moved to FB to optimize the players on the field by getting he & Rice on the field at the same time.

When Leonard's draft was occuring, I was sincerely hoping he'd go to GB, since his RB skills were tailor made for what GB does with their RB. Instead he got buried behind Jackson and did what he had to do to get on the field. Leonard is a much more dynamic player than what he showed in STL, and he & Scott could make for a very, very good RB tandem.

Sorry BB, you and are going to have to agree to disagree here. I see him as a career overachiever with a huge heart and average legs. Role player. He runs undisciplined, doesn't follow his blocking well, and puts himself at great risk for injury with his ridiculous fan-pleasing "Leonard Leaps." We got a real good look at him when SJax was hurt (I know, which time?) and he was not impressive. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sorry BB, you and are going to have to agree to disagree here. I see him as a career overachiever with a huge heart and average legs. Role player. He runs undisciplined, doesn't follow his blocking well, and puts himself at great risk for injury with his ridiculous fan-pleasing "Leonard Leaps." We got a real good look at him when SJax was hurt (I know, which time?) and he was not impressive. I'll believe it when I see it.

I understand where you are coming from. I'll admit a personal bias since I loved the way he played in college, and that he was selfless enough to do somthing that was certain to detract from his draft position when he made room for Rice.

I'll also admit that I have not owned him until recently, when I picked him up on waivers right after he went to CIN, hoping to match him to Scott. I like both guys better than I like Benson and figure one of them ought to surplant him - thinking it's more likely Scott with his diverse talent, provided Scott can keep his head on straight.

I understand where you are coming from. I'll admit a personal bias since I loved the way he played in college, and that he was selfless enough to do somthing that was certain to detract from his draft position when he made room for Rice.

I'll also admit that I have not owned him until recently, when I picked him up on waivers right after he went to CIN, hoping to match him to Scott. I like both guys better than I like Benson and figure one of them ought to surplant him - thinking it's more likely Scott with his diverse talent, provided Scott can keep his head on straight.

I'm not being a smart alec because I really don't know, but some here were saying that he switched to fullback because he was passed on the depth chart and that was the way to stay on the field. Do you know for sure that he was going to start over Rice? Again, I admit I know very little about his college career.

I still think Cedric Benson sucks. Bernard Scott is the only one worth drafting in a fantasy league. Might not do much, but it won't cost you much to get him. Benson's yds/carry is terrible and he won't put up squat against any sort of decent defense.

why?

I'm not knowledgeable about Leonard, so I'm asking sincerely, but the limited action I saw him in back in STL wasn't anything that suggested a late-round flyer. Can he be a starter somewhere? I think Scott could be.

Well, all indications are that Benson is the #1 RB on the team. I agree that Scott has potential, but its not clear yet what the Cincy coaching staff will do should Benson go down. Leonard is a better body-size fit for an AFC North RB and is closer to Benson's size than Scott. Leonard is currently second on the depth chart and been praised for his blocking ability. The Bengals would love to pound the ball like the good 'ole days with Dillon or Rudi Johnson.

Now I'm not sayin' that Leonard willl be the next best thing. I'm just sayin' that if Benson went down right now, its probably Leonard that gets the start with more Scott thrown in. I wouldn't draft Leonard, but would be ready on the WW.

Edited by The Irish Doggy