[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice listed as starter

Randall

I've projected Rice out as the starter from the get go so I don't plan on moving him up much. Right after the lower Tier 3 guys (#2 RBs) is where I have him. So basically he's a low end #2/high end #3.

fwiw, take ALL depth charts with a grain of salt...they are NOT official, ever....as an example the Ravens continue to list Suggs as a LB (just like in previous years)...yet last year he played ~643 plays out of 973 on the defensive line (66%)

Edited by keggerz

It will be interesting to see if this sparks McGahee.

Sure it will...into having another knee injury.

Not for those writing cheatsheets where he was #30 last night.

I see now he's rated 28 so my earlier question is answered.

Depends who's cheatsheets you're looking at. He moved with the one you're looking at but as I told you before he hasn't moved in mine.

Little early to be looking at depth charts no?

Too early to look? No as long as you know it's an early depth chart.

If he's practicing consistently with the first team it says he is their top RB at that time. That can change of course.

He looked pretty good running between the tackles and catching on screens last night. Andre Carter tipped one or he may have had another long run.

He had 5 runs and 3 pass receptions. I like that mix. 20 runs 12 receptions :wacko:

Edited by Randall

Ray Rice could be Top 10 RB in PPR this year. Non-PPR, I project Top 15

its going to be a full blown rbbc, anyone who thinks otherwise is dreaming. I think rice is the 20-20 guy, mcghee and mclain get/vulture almost every td. Mchgee is this years Mclain, with Mclain blocking for him while playing fullback full time. Rice will need a mcghee injury to reach those numbers, which could happen I suppose. Willis is the value play this year...

its going to be a full blown rbbc, anyone who thinks otherwise is dreaming. I think rice is the 20-20 guy....

I like Rice too and this scenario bothers me. It's actually exactly how they used Rice in limited action vs the Skins. I can't verify because for some reason NFL.com's play-by-play page for the game is unavailable.

IIRC, Rice started. The Ravens marched down the field with Rice squeezing some nice runs and capitalizing on a few screens. As soon as they got inside the red zone, out went Rice and in came McGahee.

This one bares watching but I'm weary of Rice's redraft price tag at this point if that is the dynamic that sticks this season. McGahee is no spring chicken but he's still only 28 years old. The sharing situation might keep McGahee just healthy enough to be very annoying to Rice's value this season.

Michael Oher looked pretty nasty though.

Edited by kingfish247

its going to be a full blown rbbc, anyone who thinks otherwise is dreaming. I think rice is the 20-20 guy, mcghee and mclain get/vulture almost every td. Mchgee is this years Mclain, with Mclain blocking for him while playing fullback full time. Rice will need a mcghee injury to reach those numbers, which could happen I suppose. Willis is the value play this year...

That might very well be, but I think one pre-season game is to small of a sample size to say one way or the other. Rice and Forte were the rookie RB's I was big on going into last year. I like to listen to interviews with the Rookie RB's to get an idea on how dedicated they are and if they seem to have a good head on their shoulders. Rice impressed me the most of anyone, besides Forte. He also has a very similar body type to MJD, and those that follow my posts know how I feel about that guy. At 5'8" 210 I think he's ideally sized to take the goalline carries. In the end it's who's more successful in short yardage situations. If both McGahee and Rice can't handle it, Harbaugh will have no problem going back to McLain for that role. Bottom line is, stay tuned football fans.

Edited by Capt. Stanky