[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Xbox 360, what's the difference

Flip_Side

One has a hard drive and one doesn't. I'm planning on buying one but is it really necessary to buy the 399 dollar one because of the harddrive? I'm only going to be playing on xbox live, why should I buy the 399 one?

The 299 dollar one is the one with the hard drive

the 199 is the one without it

So can someone answer my original question on why I should buy the hard drive over the one without?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...p;type=category

alright....see the one that is $399...that is going to be $299 in a few weeks...

the one you are considering will be discontinued in a few weeks...

the Elite has a bigger hard drive and HDMI.....and that justifies the $100 difference since Microsoft overcharges for the hard drive space...especially for the 120GB that the Elite comes with...

edit: the 120 GB add-on is $149....so you save $50, plus you have the HDMI option..

Edited by Avernus

The 299 dollar one is the one with the hard drive

the 199 is the one without it

So can someone answer my original question on why I should buy the hard drive over the one without?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...p;type=category

Storage. You can store media on it. You can also load the games on to the hard drive which in many cases will improve performance.

So the 199 will be discontinued in a few weeks? So besides the HDMi option and no hard drive there's no difference? I don't really care about that stuff I just want to play Madden, Halo and COD on Xbox live.

Edited by Flip_Side

So the 199 will be discontinued in a few weeks? So besides the HDMi option and no hard drive there's no difference? I don't really care about that stuff I just want to play Madden, Halo and COD on Xbox live.

no...the $299 one will be discontinued...the $199 one will still be available...

you will need hard drive space....

no...the $299 one will be discontinued...the $199 one will still be available...

you will need hard drive space....

Gotcha, you know how long though? I'm moving into my new apartment and am going to have a lot of free time on my hands, would like to buy one ASAP.

Gotcha, you know how long though? I'm moving into my new apartment and am going to have a lot of free time on my hands, would like to buy one ASAP.

I'm not sure...I didn't receive that info...

all I know is that on the newer boxes of the Elite and Arcade 360's (currently $199 and $399) it now has no mention of the Pro model...just the Arcade and Elite....and that an announcement is coming regarding a price drop for the Elite by $100 and the Arcade might be around $179...but that's speculation...

this is all planned to follow when Sony drops the price for the PS3 and releases a slim version for that $299 price...otherwise the PS3 would be offering a better deal....and Microsoft can't conduct business that way...

the Elite will be $299 within the next month, I'd be patient if I were you...

Buy a PS3 and save yourself the heartache

a 360 owner :wacko:

:D

I was going to say this...but everyone here knows how I feel about the two...

the 360 is for the Halo and Gears of War people even though they have some other good games...

Flip doesn't sound too interested in much of the other games....which is why the 360 might be the right purchase for him...

Sorry I apologize, it's 199 and 299
The difference is about $100. :wacko:

About 7GB is reserved by the console for system use or caching of game titles if the game supports it. Most games don't require the drive but a few do, and many can make use of it to improve performance instead of reading from disk. The rest of the space is for saved games, downloadable XBOX Live games and content, or for music/video files.

All the 360s have HDMI.

You'll need the hard drive for downloadable content such as the map packs for Halo 3. Yes, Microsoft charges entirely too much for a hard drive, but you'll wind up wanting one at some point. Might as well get it with the console purchase and save a few bucks over the separate purchase later.

I'm not aware of any price drop for any of the systems in the near future. Maybe for Christmas, but that's still a ways off. This is a good deal for the Elite. It comes w/ Halo 3, Fable 2 and an extra controller for the regular price. I'm sure you can find other ones too. Dell sometimes has deals.

I'm not aware of any price drop for any of the systems in the near future. Maybe for Christmas, but that's still a ways off. This is a good deal for the Elite. It comes w/ Halo 3, Fable 2 and an extra controller for the regular price. I'm sure you can find other ones too. Dell sometimes has deals.

there will be a price drop soon for the Elite system...this month, if not sometime in September...

I wouldn't buy a game system right now...

Don't forget you have access to some Netflix content as well. That has made me start to think about a 360.

If you are really in to saving the money, there is a hack out there that you can do and add your own hard drive to the lower end XBOX.

Don't forget you have access to some Netflix content as well. That has made me start to think about a 360.

If you are really in to saving the money, there is a hack out there that you can do and add your own hard drive to the lower end XBOX.

the PS3 has it's own movies area as well.....and Netflix is going to be available on the PS3 relatively soon anyways....

Netflix would be silly to limit their consumer base to one videogame console when they have a whole 'nother market they aren't even tapping into..