[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original Lineup

loaf

Original Lineup  

28 members have voted

1. 1. does it matter if a band's original lineup is still touring or not?

• yes
    • no
    • Only if Puddy joined the group

well I had this as a poll and as usual, effed it up...I hate this forum's poll creator. Have I mentioned that?

What I was asking was does it matter if a band's original lineup is still touring or not?

Edited by loaf

well I had this as a poll and as usual, effed it up...I hate this forum's poll creator. Have I mentioned that?

What I was asking was does it matter if a band's original lineup is still touring or not?

Added the poll question to your first post.

Kind of depends on the replacement.

Now if you take a band and completely replace everyone, that's BS. However, if you need to replace one member, it can work. Not always, but sometimes.. AC/DC comes to mind as an example that worked (well, for most people anyway...)

Well, what's the situation?

Van Halen without Michael Anthony seems rather lame. Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell without Bill Ward doesn't seem so bad.

Umm, yeah...the bass player was so intricate to Van Halen's sound... :wacko:

Well, the new poll wouldn't be as good as the original. Just wouldn't be the same.

You do have a point. :wacko:

Myself... I prefer things to be as original as possible. However, groups, right from the git go, are an ever changing thing. Seldom do you see the original of any group.

Depends on the band

The Dead without Jerry is a so-so cover band at best

The Stones without Brian Jones have been pretty good and as awesome as Keith Moon was the Who didn't really miss much after him

Depends on the band

as awesome as Keith Moon was the Who didn't really miss much after him

you are joking right, the Who was never close to the same after Keith, especially live.

It all depends on the band.

wurd

Depends on the band

The Dead without Jerry is a so-so cover band at best

The Stones without Brian Jones have been pretty good and as awesome as Keith Moon was the Who didn't really miss much after him

um i beg to differ , Bob can sing and play and the Rolling "POP" Rocks suck no matter who is playing.

you are joking right, the Who was never close to the same after Keith, especially live.

I never saw them live with Keith so probably true

wurd

um i beg to differ , Bob can sing and play and the Rolling "POP" Rocks suck no matter who is playing.

Bobby songs are OK, its the when they try to cover Jerry tunes when its basically embarrasing

I saw Grand Funk Railroad years ago in a bar. I was fired up to see them, but Don Brewer wasn't with them any more. Although Mark Farner and co. put on a hell of a show, they didn't get to do certain songs that Brewer wrote. Seems kinda lame to see a Grand Funk concert without them playing "We're An American Band", probably their greatest hit. I was very disappointed to say the least.

So after that experience, I made it a point to find out who exactly was missing in a band if I was interested in seeing them. Had a chance to see the Guess Who, but without Burton Cummings? He WAS the Guess Who, so I passed.

Kind of depends on the replacement.

Now if you take a band and completely replace everyone, that's BS. However, if you need to replace one member, it can work. Not always, but sometimes.. AC/DC comes to mind as an example that worked (well, for most people anyway...)

Exactly. The Moody Blues, who I saw the other night, only have three of the original five but were certainly none the worse for that because Hayward and Lodge were still there. Later this month I'll go see Motorhead and as long as Lemmy is one of them, all is well - if Lemmy left, there'd be no Motorhead and any entity touring as such would be laughable.

Think John Fogerty and Creedence Revival / Revisited.