[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things I Think

i_am_the_swammi

some reaches that I think may just come to fruition this season....no real reasons, other than gut feels from my Swammi-instinct.

My unlucky 13, in random order;

1. Deangelo Williams will underperform his ADP, while Jonathan Stewart will outperform his.

2. The St. Louis Rams will not finish under .500......8-8 or possibly better.

3. The Washington Redskins will finish 10-6, with their 2008 3rd ranked defense finishing in the top spot this year.

4. Ronnie Brown, now two years removed from his knee surgery, will finish as a Top-10 fantasy RB.

5. Tom Brady, continuing the tradtion of Qbs coming back strong immediately after ACL surgery, will throw for 4200+ yards, 38+ TDs.

6. Correll Buckhalter will be the go-to RB in Denver for the bulk of 2009.

7. Matt Hasslebeck will grossly outperform his ADP, and likely finish as a top-6 QB.

8. Kyle Orton will be fantasy-relevant (Top-14).

9. The Ciincinnatti Bengals will win the AFC North with a 10-6 record.

10. The Tennessee Titans will not finish above .500.

11. No team will win 13+ games, no team will lose 13+ games.

12. Aaron Rodgers will win the NFC MVP award.

13. Ladainian Tomlinson will win the AFC MVP award.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

some reaches that I think may just come to fruition this season....no real reasons, other than gut feels from my Swammi-instinct.

My unlucky 13, in random order;

1. Deangelo Williams will underperform his ADP, while Jonathan Stewart will outperform his.

2. The St. Louis Rams will not finish under .500......8-8 or possibly better.

3. The Washington Redskins will finish 10-6, with their 2008 3rd ranked defense finishing in the top spot this year.

4. Ronnie Brown, now two years removed from his knee surgery, will finish as a Top-10 fantasy RB.

5. Tom Brady, continuing the tradtion of Qbs coming back strong immediately after ACL surgery, will throw for 4200+ yards, 38+ TDs.

6. Correll Buckhalter will be the go-to RB in Denver for the bulk of 2009.

7. Matt Hasslebeck will grossly outperform his ADP, and likely finish as a top-6 QB.

8. Kyle Orton will be fantasy-relevant (Top-14).

9. The Ciincinnatti Bengals will win the AFC Central division with a 10-6 record.

10. The Tennessee Titans will not finish above .500.

11. No team will win 13+ games, no team will lose 13+ games.

12. Aaron Rodgers will win the NFC MVP award.

There's two or three of these I totally disagree with, but kudos for putting yourself out there. 1-5 I love, with the exception of St. Louis. I don't think they have the horses for 10+ wins, but 7-9 wins I see as likely. I think you're crazy on #6, but who knows. 7-8 I agree with. Orton from sheer volume and Hasslebeck because he's truly good, just that whole team was walking wounded last year. The bungles will NOT get past the Ravens or The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY. The Titans will continue on as last year. And on the last three your guess is as good as any.

Continuing the tradition? If memory serves (and there's a good chance it fails), the last two QBs to come back from an ACL were McNabb and Palmer. Both were dogcrap in their first season back. Who came back strong?

Edited to add Culpepper was horrible after his ACL surgery, too.

Edited by PaulOttCarruth

Continuing the tradition? If memory serves (and there's a good chance it fails), the last two QBs to come back from an ACL were McNabb and Palmer. Both were dogcrap in their first season back. Who came back strong?

Edited to add Culpepper was horrible after his ACL surgery, too.

:wacko:

Palmer had surgery in January of 2006. that fall, he set a franchise record, throwing for 4,035 yards and 28 TDS. he then broke his own record in 2007, throwing for 4,131 yards, and 26 TDs.

In 2007, the year following Mcnabb's surgery, he threw for 3300 and 19 TDs in 14 games...pro rated over 16 games, that would be almost 3800 yards, and almost 22 TDs.

Not sure how you can list either of them in the "dogcrap" category?

Do you have any thoughts on Addai?

None....no gut feeling as to what transpires there....a situation I'll likely try to avoid in fantasy drafts at all costs.

Well, I agree with 4 & 5.

I love the DeAngelo haters! I'm going to get the #1 RB with like the 8th pick. Beautiful!

The Rams? Really?

The Orton one could be possible. I would say top 16 or 18, could be close to 14 I guess.

I think most of the rest are pretty stretchy. I do greatly appreciate the effort. I'll put something out like this myself in the coming weeks, so by all means feel free to tear me to shreds as well.

:wacko:

Palmer had surgery in January of 2006. that fall, he set a franchise record, throwing for 4,035 yards and 28 TDS. he then broke his own record in 2007, throwing for 4,131 yards, and 26 TDs.

In 2007, the year following Mcnabb's surgery, he threw for 3300 and 19 TDs in 14 games...pro rated over 16 games, that would be almost 3800 yards, and almost 22 TDs.

Yeah, I guess dogcrap was overstated.

Although Palmer had 26 TDs to 20 INTs and the Bengals fell apart that year. McNabb wasn't really on his game either but the stats aren't as bad as I thought they were. I don't think either player came back as strong as when they left. CPepp certainly didn't.

Yeah, I guess dogcrap was overstated.

Although Palmer had 26 TDs to 20 INTs and the Bengals fell apart that year. McNabb wasn't really on his game either but the stats aren't as bad as I thought they were. I don't think either player came back as strong as when they left. CPepp certainly didn't.

Maybe not stronger, but certainly in line (or in palmer's case, better than) with what they had previously done, stat-wise.

Buit I get your point...which is partly why ratcheted Brady's TDs down from 51 to 38, a 25% reduction in production :wacko:

So we don't have 200 threads like this, I'll add mine.

1) My beloved Cowboys will miss the playoffs. Again.

2) The Falcons will be better than last year, due to Gonzo, an improved D and Ryan picking right up from where he left off. Win total might not improve, but team will be ranked higher in statistical categories.

3) The Cards come back to earth. 7-9 wins, but don't make playoffs.

4) Seattle wins the west.

5) KC makes the playoffs and Cassell shows that he is legit

6) The foreskins actually win the NFC east :sigh: You don't know how painful it was to type that.

7) The eagles fall far. Westbrook injury, McNabb getting older, o-line and D changes just become too much. That was easier to write... :wacko:

8) Carolina misses the playoffs with somewhere in the 7-9 win range

9) The fish are a "legit" team this year. They make enough strides to become a typical Parcells "bully", tough run game, tough D and just enough passing to keep opposing D's honest.

10) HOUSTON, yes, HOUSTON will make the playoffs this year!!!

1) Adrian Peterson does not finish as a Top 5 Fantasy RB

2) The Eagles beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl

3) The Cowboys make the playoffs AND win a playoff game

4) T.J. Houshmandzadeh is a Top 3 Fantasy WR

5) Greg Olsen is the #1 Fantasy TE

6) The Detroit Lions wins 7+ games

7) DeAngelo Williams finishes once again as a Top 3 Fantasy RB

8) Pierre Thomas finishes as a Top 5 Fantasy RB

9) Frank Gore does NOT finish as a Top 10 Fantasy RB

10) Seattle wins the NFC West

okay let me give it a try

1) 49ers make the playoffs

2) Vikings defeat 49ers in playoffs

3) Ronnie Brown, LT & Westbrook make up 3 of the top 10 RB's

4) Matt Hasslebeck out performs Aaron Rodgers ( FF points )

5) AP misses 3 or more games due to injury

1) DeSean Jackson finishes in the top 8 for WRs.

2) Dallas finishes 7-9, missing the playoffs again.

3) Romo collapses again in December, Phillips is fired the day after the season ends.

4) Michael Turner is the top RB in fantasy.

5) The Eagles defeat the Giants in the NFC Championship and go on to beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

6) The Jets have a top 3 fantasy defense.

7) Kevin Boss is a top 5 TE.

8) Percy Harvin is arrested and/or suspended for drugs.

9) Michael Vick starts at QB for the Vikings, starting in week 6. They finish 7-9, Childress is fired.

10) The Bears win the NFC North.

11) The Chiefs, Broncos and Raiders win 12 games combined. Chargers clinch the division by Thanksgiving.

12) The Lions finish 3-13.

13) The Wildcat is as common as the screen pass or nickel defense.

1. MJD will be a top 5, but not crack the top 2 spots in FF. Or, he wears down at end of season and gets hurt.

2. The Bears win NFC North.

3. The Detroit Lions win 6 games.

4. LT and LJ crack the top 5 for FF and NFL (See #13).

5. Romo collapses again and blames in on Simpson...again.

6. Beanie Wells proves his injuries in college were the norm and he's a bust. (See Cedric Benson 1st two years)

7. Cassell and Company bring KC back near top of AFC West.

8. Aaron Rodgers comes back to earth and gets injured.

9. Pack D/ST defensive change is a bust. They implode and go 4-12. TT and McCarthy finally fired.

10. The Tennessee Titans will be led by VInce Young by the end of season.

11. Vick plays for Washington Redskins after game 6.

12. Matt Forte will win the NFC MVP award.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

1. MJD will be a top 5, but not crack the top 2 spots in FF. Or, he wears down at end of season and gets hurt.

2. The Bears win NFC North.

3. The Detroit Lions win 6 games.

4. LT and LJ crack the top 5 for FF and NFL (See #13).

5. Romo collapses again and blames in on Simpson...again.

6. Beanie Wells proves his injuries in college were the norm and he's a bust. (See Cedric Benson 1st two years)

7. Cassell and Company bring KC back near top of AFC West.

8. Aaron Rodgers comes back to earth and gets injured.

9. Pack D/ST defensive change is a bust. They implode and go 4-12. TT and McCarthy finally fired.

10. The Tennessee Titans will be led by VInce Young by the end of season.

11. Vick plays for Washington Redskins after game 6.

12. Matt Forte will win the NFC MVP award.

Spoken like a true bears fan.

1. The 49ers win the NFC West

2. The Seahawks don't win more than 6 games

3. Matt Hasselbeck is not a top-15 fantasy QB

4. TO has no less than 12 TD's, Edwards is top 10, Bills make the playoffs

5. Brady has at least 42 TD's, Moss has at least 18

6. Carson Palmer is not a top 15 QB

7. K. Moreno is not a top 25 Fantasy RB

8. KC wins at least 7 games

9. McFadden is a top-15 back

10. Jeff Garcia starts at least 5 games for OAK

11. P. Rivers is not a top 7 QB

12. Westbrook is top 5 in PPR formats

13. Rodgers struggles to win, Pack finish with fewer than 8 wins

14. Minnesota represents the NFC in the Super Bowl

15. DeAngelo is top 3 Fantasy RB

16. Neither Ryan or Flacco take a huge step forward, fantasy wise

17. Beenie Wells wins rookie of the year

18. Calvin Johnson becomes a top 2 fantasy WR

19. Percy Harvin becomes a very dynamic game-changer (not sure how this tranlsates to stats)

20. Devin Hester resumes kick-return duties

21. Stephen Jackson is nowhere near a top 10 back

Edited by Seahawks21