[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any body builders in the house?

Flip_Side

Just started creatine today. Seems like it gives you false hope, it pumps up your muscles big time during workout to make them look really swoll and then about an hour after the workout they go down to what they normally are.

I must say, when I was working out with weights, when I initially started out I wasn't so concerned with how I looked, but with how I felt. On creatine, I just felt like I could work out to fatigue, but it never quite felt like fatique as I didn't go through the "I can barely lift my arms and then two days later I really feel it" feeling. Even after I had worked out, I felt like I had a little more to give, which I really didn't. I just had to get used to not being used to that fatigue feeling and associating it with muscle pain, so to speak.

And of course, with creatine allowing your muscles to really retain some water, I would imagine you'll look a little swollen (it wasn't very noticeable with me). However, I believe it is this same characteristic that doesn't allow the complete breakdown of your muscles in the first place.

Anyway, maybe the best thing to do is to cycle off creatine every other month like one of the other Huddlers suggested...makes sense!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend is trying to get me to do that.

Great program, like I told Flip Side - check out the huddle weight challenge forum for info on the program and to see guys tracking their progress. I just finished up and am taking 2 weeks off before starting up another version.

Great program, like I told Flip Side - check out the huddle weight challenge forum for info on the program and to see guys tracking their progress. I just finished up and am taking 2 weeks off before starting up another version.

I'm actually in great shape; I don't need to lose weight or anything. My friend suggested it in case I wanted to "get ripped." That's not terribly important to me, but the program apparently works well if that's your goal.

I'm actually in great shape; I don't need to lose weight or anything. My friend suggested it in case I wanted to "get ripped." That's not terribly important to me, but the program apparently works well if that's your goal.

The program is a good exercise program. Losing weight/gaining weight/maintaining weight is all a function of how much you are eating.

Doing the program and eating under maintenance calories, and you'll lose weight

Doing the program and eating at maintenance level, you'll stay the same weight (though, may see some body recomposition if you aren;t currently very active)

Doing the program and eating over maintenance, and you'll gain weight.

The program is a good exercise program. Losing weight/gaining weight/maintaining weight is all a function of how much you are eating.

Doing the program and eating under maintenance calories, and you'll lose weight

Doing the program and eating at maintenance level, you'll stay the same weight (though, may see some body recomposition if you aren;t currently very active)

Doing the program and eating over maintenance, and you'll gain weight.

Will you need to change your name to Medium Country?

I have a friend doing this now that's already in great shape, he's looking to get ripped which is why I'll be starting another cycle in two weeks - to get ripped.

P90x is a good program but for a 20yr old looking to gain size and bulk up?? negative ghostrider plus ya want to get in the gym to check some ass

Flip - as insightful as the tailgate can be for tons of information, I wouldn't necessarily use it for up to date lifting/nutrition/supplement info ...............................

have you seen some of these dudes?? :wacko:

go over to bodybuilding.com or menshealth.com - wealth of good info

P90x is a good program but for a 20yr old looking to gain size and bulk up?? negative ghostrider plus ya want to get in the gym to check some ass

Flip - as insightful as the tailgate can be for tons of information, I wouldn't necessarily use it for up to date lifting/nutrition/supplement info ...............................

have you seen some of these dudes?? :wacko:

go over to bodybuilding.com or menshealth.com - wealth of good info

Did you see the photo he posted?

We need to get some lean muscle on that boy first! :D

Did you see the photo he posted?

We need to get some lean muscle on that boy first! :wacko:

I actually am not that bad anymore. My bench is 175 which is relatively good considering I only started working out hard a couple of months ago and am only 155 pounds. I have decent bis I'm just trying to find ways to build muscle more efficiently

Edited by Flip_Side

I actually am not that bad anymore. My bench is 175 which is relatively good considering I only started working out hard a couple of months ago and am only 155 pounds. I have decent bis I'm just trying to find ways to build muscle more efficiently

Then your goal is to eat. Your diet should be a calorie surplus. But keep it clean. Stay with the healthy foods but you need to eat a lot of food and keep your protein intake high.

I just got back from the Texas Testosterone Festival (with DMD) and there were a few booths related to things MMA and that sort... oh man, the frosted tips, spray tan and Ed Hardy shirts were out in full force. I think they make those shirts' sleeves smaller so your beefed-up guns look that much bigger.

Good luck with your regimen, though. Like others have mentioned, lean muscle is the way to go first, then go for the bulk if that's what you want.