[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles sign Vick?

Footballjoe

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done deal......2 year contract.

I have no idea what to think, or how he fits in here. The local press will have a field day with this, though.

Vick an Eagle

I can pull up some of your pacman Jones posts and remind you how you told us we should feel last year and how you would rather have high moral character guys over these thugs :wacko:

I can pull up some of your pacman Jones posts and remind you how you told us we should feel last year and how you would rather have high moral character guys over these thugs :D

I am not happy about it at all, NOT AT ALL :wacko:

I have no idea what to think, or how he fits in here. The local press will have a field day with this, though.

Vick an Eagle

Right off the bat, two reasons it makes sense -- their backup QBs have looked putrid and Kolb is banged up, and they have been playing around with the wildcat in practices. I can't say it's not a smart move strictly from a football standpoint, though if McNabb gets hurt, I still think they are done.

I've lost a lot of respect for the team though.

I can pull up some of your pacman Jones posts and remind you how you told us we should feel last year and how you would rather have high moral character guys over these thugs :wacko:

lmao....the only difference is that we don't do it as a habit. That's what makes this a little bizzare. But morally speaking, I'm not real thrilled, and can't imagine I'll be cheering him with any enthusiasm.

I'm just not sure where he fits in here?

:wacko: Hey Eagles! Remember the TO years. This is part 2.

TO was a team cancer....not sure Vick has been anything other than professional with his team mates on the field and in the locker room. Its his off-field antics that have brought him down. Apples and oranges comparing Vick to TO.

McNabb publicly campaigned for him to get reinstated a couple weeks ago.....I wonder if he prodded management in getting him in here?

Vick an Eagle

Exactly my thought. I just am not sure how he fits in here. I am not sure how I feel about it. The guy had done his time, but... do we need this? :wacko:

By all reports, was he well liked in the Atlanta locker room?

Edited by TDFFFreak

The best part of this story is that there will be no more stories/blog posts/tweets titled "Vick sited at _______ airport"

One other note, besides the Raiders, there was probably not a safer place for Vick to sign to avoid the inevitable protesters....I just can't see a bunch PETA folks being treated very well in the parking lot of Lincoln Financial Field.

Edited by WashingtonD

Anyone else think that this is a signing to try and get leverage on McNabb for his impending contract negotiations?

he already signed an extension though.....this makes no sense unless they want to take the wildcat offense to another level

:wacko: I'ma so confussedddd

sometimes I just hate having to change rankings... what to do... what to do....

Supposedly Vick wanted to be signed as a QB - not a WR or RB. But this West Coast offense is predicated on timing and that is just not Vick - remember when they tried to install a west coast offense in ATL? Unreal.

All I can think is he'll be there for gimmick plays. That has to be one of the toughest offenses to learn. Count me befuddled.