[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles sign Vick?

Footballjoe

this is just dumb. he wouldn't be expressing remorse if he didn't get caught? gee, really? ya think? :wacko:

of course he wouldn't be expressing remorse if he didn't get caught.

Therefore it's fair to assume he'd still be doing it, which was the thrust of the post. The remorse is at the tens of millions of dollars down the crapper, not at his previous actions.

Simple question - even if it's right that the dogs that didn't perform or got badly hurt should be put down, it makes sense that there'd be one quick way to do that, whatever that way was. Let's say drowning, perhaps.

The dogs in this case were beaten to death with clubs, electrocuted, drowned and hanged from trees. Some reports have some of them buried alive. THAT, my friend, is not Vick being efficient and clearing up the detritus of his business - that is Vick actively enjoying varying ways of torturing animals. And that is also Delicious Bass's contention - it is part of Vick's makeup and not something that is switched on and off.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therefore it's fair to assume he'd still be doing it, which was the thrust of the post. The remorse is at the tens of millions of dollars down the crapper, not at his previous actions.

Simple question - even if it's right that the dogs that didn't perform or got badly hurt should be put down, it makes sense that there'd be one quick way to do that, whatever that way was. Let's say drowning, perhaps.

The dogs in this case were beaten to death with clubs, electrocuted, drowned and hanged from trees. Some reports have some of them buried alive. THAT, my friend, is not Vick being efficient and clearing up the detritus of his business - that is Vick actively enjoying varying ways of torturing animals. And that is also Delicious Bass's contention - it is part of Vick's makeup and not something that is switched on and off.

I am not a person who has enjoyed calling Vick a POS or scum, but as someone who has had to deal with psychopaths and did my share of reading up on the subject, I tend to agree with this. I have no way of knowing what is in the man's heart, but I think someone who tortures animals must lack a conscience, and you are either born with a conscience or your aren't.

Psychopaths are the most skilled liars and manipulators you'll ever find also.

I heard somewhere last night, either on ESPN or NFL Network, that Vick admitted to paying more attention to the dog fighting ring than studying his playbook. Maybe this is why he sucked so much. Here's my view on this, Vick sucked as an NFL quarterback. He was the most overrated player in the NFL. Everyone was jumping at the bit to say great things about him as a player, yet he only completed around 53% of his passes(last year in the league). This doesn't cut it. Vick was and always will be overrated. I just wish someone would put a bullet in his head and end it.

No way in hell I will be cheering for him if he makes an exciting play. I will be disgusted by it and I don't think the other people in this forum that despise Vick will be cheering for him either.

I am sick of you and others who always bring up other people - who cares if there are 50 other people worse than him - Vick is still a POS - if there are 2 others worse or 100 worse does not change what he did and does not make him a saint. Name those other 50 and I will probably say they are crap also and should not deserve to play in the NFL. Either way Vick is Vick and what he did was way wrong and NO he is not remorseful for what he did he is only remorseful that he got caught.

Why is everyone so darn judgemental? Seriously, how does anyone know if this guy is remorseful or not? That's pure speculation. Either you can move past his crimes or you can't. Either way, Vick is moving on and trying to pick back up the pieces of his life with or without your approval. He's darn lucky to get another opportunity and has a great mentor in Dungy. Let's just see how this story ends shall we? Winning cures everything and I guarantee you if he starts helping the Eagles win you'll start seeing a lot of Vick spamshirts popping up again. America loves a great comeback even when the guy is an idiot.

Why is everyone so darn judgemental? Seriously, how does anyone know if this guy is remorseful or not? That's pure speculation. Either you can move past his crimes or you can't. Either way, Vick is moving on and trying to pick back up the pieces of his life with or without your approval. He's darn lucky to get another opportunity and has a great mentor in Dungy. Let's just see how this story ends shall we? Winning cures everything and I guarantee you if he starts helping the Eagles win you'll start seeing a lot of Vick spamshirts popping up again. America loves a great comeback even when the guy is an idiot.

"Vick is moving on and trying to pick back up the pieces of his life" - isn't this speculation?

"He's darn lucky to get another opportunity and has a great mentor in Dungy" - Judgemental

"Winning cures everything" - your opinion and judgemental

I agree with you that he is remorseful - I just don't think it is remorse for actually killing dogs - I am guessing it is remorse due to being caught. I would think more evidence would point to not being remorseful than actually caring about dogs lives now - I may be wrong - He has proven that he is a thug and this is not the first stupid thing he has done - look at his family - also thugs and useless humans - I don't think he is much different.

I am a huge Packer fan and if Vick played for the Packers and threw 50 TD's I would NEVER purchase a Vick jersey. I would also never purchase a Pac Man jersey a Plaxico jersey and so on. Character means more to me than just being a good football player.

I get it, Whomp. You'd rather center this debate on getting me to say I am a hypocrite, and stick it in my ear, rather than the issue at hand as to whether a franchise that has never signed a so-called "thug" should now be brandished for doing so?

OK...I am a hypocrite. When I was calling out the Cowboys for bringing in Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones, I should have put myself in the shoes of fans of the Cowboys. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, and I have to explain it to my own children and tell them that the right thing to do is forgive people and give everyone a 2nd chance if they are truly remorseful, I can see the error of my ways.

As I stated in an earlier post, Vick still has to walk the walk. He won't be (and shouldn't be) forgiven until society feels he is truly remorseful and rehabilitated. That won't happen overnight, or in a matter of weeks....it will take some. Some will never forgive. I totally understand that. as I mentioned, as a dog owner, I too am disgusted by what he did. No was was more deserving of the time he spent in prison than Vick.

But I have been consistent in that I have opined in every prior Vick thread that I think the guy deserves a 2nd chance....I personally think the guy has paid a price....millions upon millions in lost wages and endorsements, two years in Leavenworth, embarrassment to himself and his family, immeasurable lost respect. He has no one to blame but his idiot self. Was it steep enough? That is not for me to decide....its why we have a justice system.

I never though that 2nd chance would be with the Eagles, and I am still very confused as to how to feel now that he wears a green jersey.

Just busting your balls a little bit. The Cowboys took shots, and rightfully so, for signing pacman and I recall you coming down pretty hard. I just wanted to give you the business. I dont really care about Vick. I do love the fact that he brings the circus with him to Philly. He isnt a locker room cancer like T.O but he is a big ass distraction that is for sure.

I've been a Falcon fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Was one of Vick's biggest fans. Defended him right up to the bitter end & his admittance of guilt. I sill say he can still be a viable NFL QB, but I am no longer a fan of his & will NOT be cheering for him. Nothing to do with him now being an Eagle either.

I heard somewhere last night, either on ESPN or NFL Network, that Vick admitted to paying more attention to the dog fighting ring than studying his playbook. Maybe this is why he sucked so much. Here's my view on this, Vick sucked as an NFL quarterback. He was the most overrated player in the NFL. Everyone was jumping at the bit to say great things about him as a player, yet he only completed around 53% of his passes(last year in the league). This doesn't cut it. Vick was and always will be overrated. I just wish someone would put a bullet in his head and end it.

Completed 53% of his passes yet helped his team be the NFL leaders in rushing and made the playoffs. He sucked so bad he went to the Pro Bowl 3 times out of 4 full seasons.