[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Itunes help

Skilly

I just transferred over my Itunes library from a backup hard drive to my new laptop. My new library now has almost every song duplicated. What gives? Is there any way to get rid of the duplicate songs in one shot without having to click on each one?

I just transferred over my Itunes library from a backup hard drive to my new laptop. My new library now has almost every song duplicated. What gives? Is there any way to get rid of the duplicate songs in one shot without having to click on each one?

I don't believe anything is built into iTunes, but if you google, there are some tools that will help.

I have this same problem, and I still haven't found a great solution.

this still requires clicking each one. skilly was looking for an automatic way to do a mass delete. to do that, you will have to go with a 3rd party tool/shareware app. searching on itunes duplicates will yield many options.

:wacko: well i tried

I think this happened to me, and I just wiped the database and let it import everything again, specifying where I wanted it to import from. only real downside as I recall was losing playlists, but I didn't have many, or any that I really cared about. and I'm sure there's some way you could back those up beforehand if it were an issue for you.