[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Keeper Dilemma

Bengal Mania

12 team redraft w/ one keeper

Anyone drafted 4th round or later can be kept (for that rounds selection) for two additional seasons.

Last year I kept ADP for my 4th round pick from his previous season. I have an option to keep him one more year for my 4th round player.

Seems like a no-brainer, but....

I can also keep Chris Johnson for this year (and next if I want) for my 7th round selection.

If ADP is truly LT reincarnated, then this should be a slam dunk.

But Chris Johnson (even though White is a stealer) is a game breaker as well, and being THREE rounds later allows me to get a much better player (CJ + a 4th round pick vs. ADP + a 7th round pick)

I am leaning Chris Johnson, is this nuts?

12 team redraft w/ one keeper

Anyone drafted 4th round or later can be kept (for that rounds selection) for two additional seasons.

Last year I kept ADP for my 4th round pick from his previous season. I have an option to keep him one more year for my 4th round player.

Seems like a no-brainer, but....

I can also keep Chris Johnson for this year (and next if I want) for my 7th round selection.

If ADP is truly LT reincarnated, then this should be a slam dunk.

But Chris Johnson (even though White is a stealer) is a game breaker as well, and being THREE rounds later allows me to get a much better player (CJ + a 4th round pick vs. ADP + a 7th round pick)

I am leaning Chris Johnson, is this nuts?

Sorry, hit the wrong button. Nothing unusual there. Man, I wish I had your choice. I think going with CJ and getting the 4th round pick would allow you to build a better team and I think that's what I would do. But either way you are off to a good start.

adp all the way for me. he's a proven TD scorer and the focus for minnesota. you can't get any more solid than that and you still get picks in the first 3 rounds. chris johnson did some nice things last year but just as he gets it to the red zone, he's watching lendale scoop up the TD. not so with ADP. lendale has dropped some weight and looked solid in pre-season.

adp all the way for me. he's a proven TD scorer and the focus for minnesota. you can't get any more solid than that and you still get picks in the first 3 rounds. chris johnson did some nice things last year but just as he gets it to the red zone, he's watching lendale scoop up the TD. not so with ADP. lendale has dropped some weight and looked solid in pre-season.

ADP absolutely

What pick do you have in the first? What's the scoring system? Who do you expect the top players available to be? Can you make a trade before declaring keepers?

While most scenarios would still have me leaning ADP, there are a few that would have me reccomend Johnson, such as if you had the first pick in the draft, then by all means keep CJ for a 7th and redraft ADP, hugh win for you. If you have the 12th pick and most of the top RBs will be kept, then no way I don't protect ADP.

I forgot a couple points

I have the 12th & 13th pick (as I am Champion from last year!!!)

6-pt TD for all positions, no PPR.

I know ADP "seems" like a no brainer, but also consider

1) Keeping ADP, I give up the 4.01 pick (#37). Keeping CJ, I give up the 7.12 pick (#84). On the Huddle 200 overall, that's a difference of Westbrook/Beanie/Gates (players ~#37) versus Steelers/TJones/DDriver (~#87). Will the DIFFERENCE in those second players equal the differenct in ADP to Johnson. Probably not, I guess

2) The only Keeper RBs gone before #12 pick (must be 4th round pick or later from last year or previous) are ADP/CJ (whichever of mine), and Forte, w/ Slaton right around there also kept. That means the next group of RBs (whoever I keep) are from Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs, etc.

3) I keep thinking that ADP has no talent around him to take pressure off, but then I can't name anybody else that plays for the TENN offense either.

Man, this is tough. A nice problem to have, but tough