[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper/Salary Cap League dilemma

jaqman07

Hey guys..need your help on this one. I'm in a Keeper/Salary Cap league (can keep 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 PK and 1 DST). My salary cap is $200 and I'm looking to free up some cap space. Scoring in this league is (1pt per 25 yds rush/receive, 1 pt 50 yds pass, 5 pts TD pass, 6 pts TD rush/catch). I can hang on to:

Anquan Boldin: $44

or

Jason Witten: $3

or

Dallas Clark: $4

If I take Clark or Witten, I can then possibly elect to hang on to PManning for a whopping $67. OR..

Trent Edwards: $2

or

Jake Delhomme: $5

Here's where I'm leaning..Hang on to Manning (even though Edwards has T.O's presence -although he's not the WR he used to be. And then I would drop Boldin for either Clark or Witten.

I think the rest of my roster is set:(would have $118 cap space remaining for Rookie Draft, Regular Draft and FA).

RB: Chris Johnson

RB: Frank Gore

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Greg Jennings

PK: Gould

DST: Bears

OK, guys..am I over-analyzing this? This is our 2nd year in this league and this is something new to me. :wacko:

Thanks!

Edited by jaqman07

start with the obvious. witten for $3 is a must. you have to lock that in.

from there, i would be curious as to the prices for similar players to boldin and manning to judge their value. they certainly seem fully valued to me, so if you let them go, couldn't you then try to buy them back if you had to? i can't see peyton going for more, but then again, i don't know how your league values players. this would all come down to who you think is available, the cap space of the other teams, etc. you need to do some more analysis to judge whether or not you could get them cheaper.

Ton touches on the key points.

What are your starting lineup requirements? For now, I will assume it is what you are allowed to keep, and such that your league is non-TE mandatory.

Witten is a must keep, even if your league is not TE mandatory (the OP is unlear).

A QB for 1/3 of my cap in that setup is not worth it, so I do not see many reasons to keep Manning. Since you can keep one QB, I think getting Edwards at $2 is a spectacular value and I do that.

You already have 2 top WRs that you are keeping, and if we agree Witten is a better value than Boldin, no reason to keep Boldin (though I would be interested in the cost of Marshall and jennings compared to Boldin)

Ton touches on the key points.

What are your starting lineup requirements? For now, I will assume it is what you are allowed to keep, and such that your league is non-TE mandatory.

Witten is a must keep, even if your league is not TE mandatory (the OP is unlear).

A QB for 1/3 of my cap in that setup is not worth it, so I do not see many reasons to keep Manning. Since you can keep one QB, I think getting Edwards at $2 is a spectacular value and I do that.

You already have 2 top WRs that you are keeping, and if we agree Witten is a better value than Boldin, no reason to keep Boldin (though I would be interested in the cost of Marshall and jennings compared to Boldin)

Ton and BC, I appreciate both of your feedbacks. Our league does not require a TE, but I feel, like you both, that I will get more "bang for the buck" with Witten. I like both Manning and Boldin, but hopefully I can get at least one of those two at a cheaper price.

I got Greg Jennings and Brandon Marshall for 5 bones each, so I have an awful lot of salary cap room to work with .

Thanks guys!