[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pick 7 who do I take? little help guys

Nate3422

Ok so I have never taken a qb in the first round. I have had a very good team every year but still dont have a championship. Thinking about switchign up my draft strategy this year. I have pick 7 in a 12 man league and I think Brady and Brees will be on the board when I pick. Qb score alot of points in our league, scoring system is 1 pt per 10 yards passing, 6 point per td, ppr, wr/rb 1 pt per 10 yards. QB bonus at 350, rb/wr bonus at 150 yards, interceptions are -3. I think the top running backs will be taken and maybe a top wr by the time I pick. I orignally liked Brees but now Im starting to think I like Brady. Only think I can think of that I dont like about Brady is when its playoff time all 3 of the games he will be playing in will be very cold/snowy games but that really hasnt stopped him before. Opinions?

with that yardage scoring, a high yardage QB is hugh, and this turns into one of the rare cases where I might advocate going QB early in a 1 QB league, even as early as the first. I would be interested in seeing the scoring spread by position though from the last few years to get a better grasp of just how much affect there is on QB value.

something doesnt feel right about taking lt over brees or brady. You think its better to have the 5th or 6th best back over the # 1 rated qb?

personally, when i think it is all said and done, LT will be in the top 3. he is looking good in camp and is motivated to show everyone that he is not done and that the chargers can make it to the super bowl.

Well what about in my league where the qb scores so many points

with that yardage scoring, a high yardage QB is hugh, and this turns into one of the rare cases where I might advocate going QB early in a 1 QB league, even as early as the first. I would be interested in seeing the scoring spread by position though from the last few years to get a better grasp of just how much affect there is on QB value.

Would still need an answer to the bolded portion above to make any sort of educated inference. Also, an idea of how your leaguemates tend to draft would have a pretty big impact.

1 pt per 10 yards passing is a nutty league and this comes from someone who plays in many formats that are different from the norm.

That just makes QB's way way too valueable in my opionion...that said you have to play what your league says the rules are I guess.

Brees 5,0069 yards = 506 pts right there. 34 TD's = 204 more pts = 710 pts 17 INTs = 660 pts

660 pts from Brees

Brady throws way less INT's so maybe he is the better player tough call Brady gets the TDs Brees the yardage

Either way 650 pts from your QB compared to maybe 400 pts from the #12 QB is a huge drop off

+250 if you get 1 of those 2

Rivers around 570 pts

P-Manning, Rodgers were around 525 pts last year

Warner around 500 pts

Fitz around 300 pts

D-Will around 300 pts

Peterson only had around 260 pts

Why go RB in round 1 when you can get a solid RB in round 2 that scores nearly the same amount of pts

Get the QB round 1 if Brees or Brady is there. Do not hesitate do not look back. Most people here are too set in their ways to understand this scoring system that is set before you but do the math and you can see a QB is the right choice if you can get one of those 2.

Thanks Henry thats kind of what I was thinking. Everyone is so brainwashed to take rb first that its hard to swallow taking Brees or Brady in the first round. I think both of them will be there but if not at least one of them. I know that our qb scoring is different but we tried it last year and liked it so we stuck with it. I just think if I have one of those 2 qb I can still put a solid team around them and will have a gerat chance of winning every week. I had mcnabb last year and was in first place from day 1 until I got beat in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I hated I had to worry about qb every week though bc he was so hot and cold. Now I guess my next questions is if they are both there which one to take.

Thanks Henry thats kind of what I was thinking. Everyone is so brainwashed to take rb first that its hard to swallow taking Brees or Brady in the first round. I think both of them will be there but if not at least one of them. I know that our qb scoring is different but we tried it last year and liked it so we stuck with it. I just think if I have one of those 2 qb I can still put a solid team around them and will have a gerat chance of winning every week. I had mcnabb last year and was in first place from day 1 until I got beat in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I hated I had to worry about qb every week though bc he was so hot and cold. Now I guess my next questions is if they are both there which one to take.

Of course you're going to take a QB with a 1st Rounder in this scoring format. I would be shocked if Brees and Brady are even on the board when it comes around to you.