[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Healthcare 'Myths'

WaterMan

So if you have an account with UPS and they screw up and deliver your overnight in three days, they still bill your account the full amount with no notation by the bill for that package that they took three days to deliver an overnight. It is your responsibilty to retain the tracking nuber of the package, wait for your statement and then dispute your bill through UPS's dispute procedure.

A lot of wated time (money) to get a correct bill. I reject the notion that the private sector represents a reduction of bereaucratic red tape and increased efficiency. UPS knows they are sending me a f*cked up statement.

The Post Office seems to work fine.

I watched those TSA people on the Homeland Security show that I'm guessing was on ABC. I don't see where else the people would get that kind of training except from people currently in or retired from the CIA/FBI.

both actually made me :wacko:

If the Post Office were a private business, people in rural areas would have to pay about $5 per letter if they wanted to get anything mailed.

(How come nobody in urban areas protests about how they are subsidizing mail delivery service for people in rural areas?)

I live in a rural area. I am tired of subsidizing urban areas wanting food all the time.

If the Post Office were a private business, people in rural areas would have to pay about $5 per letter if they wanted to get anything mailed.

(How come nobody in urban areas protests about how they are subsidizing mail delivery service for people in rural areas?)

Surely you're old enough to remember when rural areas had to pick up their mail at the PO. My grandparents had to do this until something like 8 years ago. Now they have to rent a PO box. THAT's how it would be done for most rural places if a private company did it.

Surely you're old enough to remember when rural areas had to pick up their mail at the PO. My grandparents had to do this until something like 8 years ago. Now they have to rent a PO box. THAT's how it would be done for most rural places if a private company did it.

Like a UPS mailbox center where you pay at least $5 to ship something ground? :wacko:

FACT

Every Taxpayer supported Welfare mom and her eight kids will be in every emergence room and

Doctors waiting room sucking down their McD burgers and fries while the working force that pays for

it will wait three weeks to a couple months just to see a Doctor.

FACT

This happens now. Go check out an emergency room waiting room sometime, the ED is the healthcare choice of many medicaid and medicare users, and the sole choice of the homeless and uninsured that can't afford cash up front.

As we recover from a major recession caused by the private sector over-extending them selves right into that sh:tter... it seems like an unusual time to praise the efficiency and reliability of business.

I can't believe that the kneejerk anti-government brigade fail to see this. Maybe they don't.

FACT

Every Taxpayer supported Welfare mom and her eight kids will be in every emergence room and

Doctors waiting room sucking down their McD burgers and fries while the working force that pays for

it will wait three weeks to a couple months just to see a Doctor.

FACT

This is ground control to Major Tom; take your protein pills and put your helmet on.