[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Football Fantasy League

Menudo

I'm considering kicking off a local Fantasy League for college football. Does anyone play ? What is a good site to host the league ? What is a good site for player rankings ? Also, what do you use as your galaxy of players ? (i.e. BCS divisions, Big 10 & PAC 10, all D1 schools, etc.) Thanks in advance for any help or advice that you can give.

Marc, this topic sounds very familiar. Did you open this very same thread last year?

:wacko:

I think I responded to someone else who was considering starting a league. I'm not really looking for a league to join, just hoping to find some helpful links that can help a beginner start a league.

Sportsline does accomodate such a league... In fact, they're offering free college leagues right now. You can choose two conferences from which to pick players for each league, I believe. Living on the left coast, and working with a bunch of Big 10 fans (including myself), we're tossing around the idea of doing a Big-10/Pac-10 office league this year.

Edit: Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if the first three rounds of the draft are comprised of all Pac-10 players, considering the lack of defense in the conference as a whole. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

• 1 year later...

I'd like to kick off a BOTH College League next year...I've commished a league for the past 3 years both on usports and cbssports.com and think a BOTH league would rock, especially given the uncertainty around the collective bargaining agreement in the NFL. In fact, myfantasyleague seems to also be considering taking on college leagues. There are 2 kinds of formats I'm considering: 1) a standard keeper format and 2) and homer keeper hybrid format. The cost would be between $25 and $50. Would anyone be interested in pursuing a BOTH college league? :wacko:

Edited by Trojanmojo

I played for a few years, but I found it difficult to keep up with the college AND pro leagues. That being said, my experience as a college FF owner made me feel just like Pete Carroll was beneficial to me as a FF owner in NFL leagues: I was much more knowledgeable about emerging rookie studs, and at the draft I was better positioned to evaluate rookie potential.

That being said, the years I played college FF saw me watching a lot of really meaningless college games, like the 2006 Ohio State 38-0 rout of Minnesota, as I tried to will Antonio Pittman to a sixth TD against the Golden Gophers. I also started paying a lot of attention to high school recruiting and scouting, which eats up even more time, and I found myself watching Pop Warner games, desperately looking for the next big high school phenom and wondering when they would start high school FF leagues, and if by studying PeeWee leagues I might get an advantage over other college FF teams.

You know the drill: one level of stat geekdom is already sucking enough of my time.