[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Brown reported torn achilles?

Randall

Giants | Andre Brown has ruptured Achilles, out for the year Fri Aug 14, 08:10 PM

Jenny Vrentas(Star Ledger) reports on her twitter feed that rookie RB Andre Brown was carted off the practice field with an apparent leg injury. Updated: Looks like a ruptured Achilles for Brown and he will miss the entire year.

The Giants think it happened as he planted for his jump. W/surgery, seems like he's done for season.

Confirmed by her.

That makes 2 out for the season in one league for me.

Edited by Randall

So much for my dynasty sleeper RB to take at pick 17 or lower

Wow. That's really taking a hugh risk there, Henry. Brown went no later than pick 21 in any of the dynasty leagues I am in. You are just a fountain of incredibly valuable FF insight...

BTW - I hate to see this happen to a young player. I didn't expect much at all from Brown this year, and couldn't draft him because he was going early/mid 2nd round in dynasty drafts - which I thought was well above his value - but he could have been part of a future Giant RBBC if NY decides to part ways with Jacobs for some reason in the next couple of years.