[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper league proceedure question.

No Quarter

Our local 12 team went from a redraft to a keeper league a couple of years ago. We have the option of keeping 0, 1, or 2 players max at the cost of the 1st and or 2nd round picks. There are really no rules regarding how long you can keep a player. The commissioner is a good guy but is very casual about when the keepers have to be declared. Last year I urged him to make everyone declare at least a week before the draft but I think it was only a day or two before everyone put up their keepers. This drives me nuts as I am one of those guys that tries to preplan my draft even though it all goes out the window when the bullets start flying. lol We always have our draft the week that the regular season starts. I know every league has different rules but I would be interested in how some other leagues handle this.

My leagues are keeper leagues as well, and although the rules vary a bit, one rule that we have in place is that you MUST declare your keepers right around the first week of camp. This year, in all of my leagues, keepers were due on July 15th. The drafts will be the last week in August through the 1st week in September. After the last playoff game last year. we lock all transactions... no trades, no add/drops, no player movement until the week before keepers are declared. After that time, you can pick players up on the waiver or trade with another team.

Your league commish needs to give you guys some time to make moves with the other teams in the league and give everyone a chance to see who will be on the board at that the draft. That's just the way we do it. I hope it helps.

We declare our keepers on draft day. Everyone submits the names at the same time. Then you just cross them off your list. We prepare as if everyone is available and cross the players off as if they were the first drafted. I see no reason to have to submit them early. We keep 3-5 players.