[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What players boosted their rankings this week

Randall

I say Bernard Scott. He played after Benson and before Leonard who many considered the #2 RB.

If he stays clean I see him as the eventual starter in Cincy.

As BB said earlier there is nice potential in late round RB's this year. Rashad Jennings is another late pick that could start alongside MJD.

Meachem is another.

Edited by Randall

I think that Turner Burner just replaced Mojo Drew and Forte as the #2 pick in the draft. The way Cutler and the Bears looked throwing the ball seemed that they will really be relying on the running game, and maybe a little too much. Mojo Drew is still on a last place division team so...Turner is now back at #2 now that Roddy White is signed and playing and with the addition of Gonzo, well the RB TE matchup for opposing defenses will be tough for any opponent of the Falcons

...and you have to watch out for the Chaz Shillens and Nate Washington's of the fantasy world. They look good in that one pre-season game and it pumps you up, but there is a reason they are low on the cheat sheets. Sleeper value yes, reliability maybe not. I thaught that little #11 for the Patriots did a damn good Wes Welker impersination.

...and you have to watch out for the Chaz Shillens and Nate Washington's of the fantasy world. They look good in that one pre-season game and it pumps you up, but there is a reason they are low on the cheat sheets. Sleeper value yes, reliability maybe not. I thaught that little #11 for the Patriots did a damn good Wes Welker impersination.

Love the knowledge and enthusiasm.......reminds me of your wife's posts. Welcome to the Huddle !! :wacko:

JaMarcus Russell is the reason Schillens is a gamble...he and Tarvaris couldn't hit the side of a barn from more than 5 yards away, just no accuracy at all. As DMD calls it, a 'heave and a prayer'.

Speaking of rankings, talk about someone who is lowering their's is Matt Cassell. That guy looks lost...I have to guess that either Croyle or Thigpen will see eventual playing time this year for KC.

I also liked seeing Shockey back in the end zone. Alot of talent there to be that low on the cheat sheets and he looks like he is now ready to be a part of the Saints offensive machine.

I've been cautiously optimistic with Shockey & Meachem so far, but the camp talk so far is that Meach is outplaying Henderson and could take over the #3 spot at least if Henderson continues to lose focus. With Colston & Moore, who have hand like glue & Meach playing like he has so far... Bush & PT in the backfield... Brees to command the troops... You all thought last year was good. :giddy: :wacko:

Shockey was injured for much of last yearand never built a rapport with Brees when he came back. This off season they have been working a lot together and Both Brees & Shockey seem out to prove he belongs here and can play at the level that is expected of him. I think he'll far outperform his projections, but injury is going to always be a big concern.

Edited by rajncajn

Speaking of rankings, talk about someone who is lowering their's is Matt Cassell. That guy looks lost...I have to guess that either Croyle or Thigpen will see eventual playing time this year for KC.

Braylon Edwards too... I don't know if it is his hands or just a concentration problem but he completely mishandled a nicely thrown ball in the back of the end zone from Quinn.

LeSean McCoy. Westy owners will have to reach a round or two earlier than previously thought to get their handcuff.

I drafted Westy at 2-8 in the Ladder and had my sights set on McCoy with my 8-8 pick. He got taken just a few ahead of me. :wacko: This probably made me jump on Sproles(LT owner) a little early but I waited till my 9-5 pick to grab him.

But more than anything, not having McCoy as a Westy owner really worries me big time.

ETA: My memory isn't what it used to be. What happened was I targeted McCoy in the 9th and he was picked in the 8th(3 picks after mine). I really needed another WR at that point so I took a chance and grabbed the WR hoping McCoy would be there at 9-5. I was wrong. I was definately aware of McCoy and thought about him as my 8-8 pick. One of those draft decisions that could come back to haunt me.

Edited by jaxfactor

Didn't he only throw 5 passes yesterday?

Yes, and he went 2 for 5 and also lost a fumble to the defense. His 4th pass should of been picked off although he only was able to throw it 4 yards before it hit the defensive lineman in his numbers...guess he was too surprised to catch it. His 3rd pass went about 7 yds down the field and was about 2 ft above his receiver's head. The refs said the WR was interfered with so it was a non-play but no way he would have caught it otherwise. Several of the handoffs to his RB went to the wrong side, so either he or Larry Johnson weren't on the same page of the playbook. His 5th pass actually went further than 10 yds down the the field but it was thrown down the sideline and his WR juggled/dropped the ball...he also might have benefitted from having Bowe in the game although Dewayne is currently running with the 2nd and 3rd string. I know it's only the 1st pre-season game but he looked very tentative...

Croyle definitely got the good team play with Bowe in although he looks like a stone out there. He looked more in command than Cassell did and did have a few good throws, but he too threw a couple that should have been INTs.

Thigpen was his usual awesome self and moved them in for a TD through his scrambling, and the TD pass he threw to the TE Cottam was a great play that he kept alive by bootlegging. His INT came in the waning seconds and was basically a do-or-die throw to win the game as they were down by only 6 points.

Thigpen was his usual awesome self and moved them in for a TD through his scrambling, and the TD pass he threw to the TE Cottam was a great play that he kept alive by bootlegging. His INT came in the waning seconds and was basically a do-or-die throw to win the game as they were down by only 6 points.

Did anyone in KC ever explain why they did'nt roll with Thigpen this year? I don't get it.

Agree with your points. It's easy to fall in love with rook WR's after one preseason game. Oakland is a bizzarre franchise, so Shillens could be the exeption, or the bust. He's a fifth WR at best in most leagues, a serious gamble with hugh upside.

Did anyone in KC ever explain why they did'nt roll with Thigpen this year? I don't get it.

Probably because they didn't win many games when he played last year, so its of course his fault.

In fairness Cassel has yet to play a snap in a regular season game with the team yet. That week 1 game against the Ravens could get ugly though if he looks anything like he reportedly did the other night.