[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Help

WashingtonD

Ok,

Full disclosure, I'm 75% sure I'm keeping ADP as in my mind it's the safer play, but the unique scoring of this league makes the choice a bit trickier.

The scoring in this league is rotisserie style...where every players contribution to each scoring statistic is tallied and then that total is matched against all other teams in the league. Then your ranking for each scoring statistic is added up and the highest total whens that week (for cash). The overall rankings are tallied each week and the champion is determined by those overall rankings (so we usually know our champ about 3 weeks before end of season)

The relevant categories here are YPC, Rushing Yards, Rushing TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, and Receiving TDs

I absolutely killed this league last year with the three headed monster of MJD/APeterson/DeAngelo Williams (no chance I'm keeping Williams as I see him in for a remedial year).

2008 Stats

Jones Drew = 824 Yards, 4.2 YPC, 12 rushing TDs, 62 receptions, 565 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs

Peterson = 1760 yards, 4.8 YPC, 10 rushing TDs, 21 receptions, 125 receiving yards, 0 receiving TDs

Drew was in 4 out of the 6 scoring categories (and significantly better in 2 ((receptions/receiving yards)

Peterson was better in only 2 of the 6 scoring categories, but very significantly in yards and significantly in YPC)

Both would cost me my first round draft pick

I'd be able to keep both for 2 more years

Peterson feels safer and I know the guy who threw him back last year (opting to keep Westbrook instead) is obviously kicking himself for it, but with all the hype around MJD this year and his more balanced portfolio of skills, is he the better option?

Appreciate your thoughts!

WashD

Ok,

Full disclosure, I'm 75% sure I'm keeping ADP as in my mind it's the safer play, but the unique scoring of this league makes the choice a bit trickier.

The scoring in this league is rotisserie style...where every players contribution to each scoring statistic is tallied and then that total is matched against all other teams in the league. Then your ranking for each scoring statistic is added up and the highest total whens that week (for cash). The overall rankings are tallied each week and the champion is determined by those overall rankings (so we usually know our champ about 3 weeks before end of season)

The relevant categories here are YPC, Rushing Yards, Rushing TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, and Receiving TDs

I absolutely killed this league last year with the three headed monster of MJD/APeterson/DeAngelo Williams (no chance I'm keeping Williams as I see him in for a remedial year).

2008 Stats

Jones Drew = 824 Yards, 4.2 YPC, 12 rushing TDs, 62 receptions, 565 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs

Peterson = 1760 yards, 4.8 YPC, 10 rushing TDs, 21 receptions, 125 receiving yards, 0 receiving TDs

Drew was in 4 out of the 6 scoring categories (and significantly better in 2 ((receptions/receiving yards)

Peterson was better in only 2 of the 6 scoring categories, but very significantly in yards and significantly in YPC)

Both would cost me my first round draft pick

I'd be able to keep both for 2 more years

Peterson feels safer and I know the guy who threw him back last year (opting to keep Westbrook instead) is obviously kicking himself for it, but with all the hype around MJD this year and his more balanced portfolio of skills, is he the better option?

Appreciate your thoughts!

WashD

I'm a big fan a "balanced" and MJD will definitely get more receptions, but from what I've read Peterson will become more involved in the passing game this year and he will almost surely have many more rushing yards. I don't buy all the MJD hype and say Peterson is the way to go. Good luck!

About the only thing that scares me with keeping MJD given the above scenario is that he's never before been asked to be the workhorse he is projected to be this season ... AP is certainly less multi-dimensional, has not been a TD monster, etc, etc ... as you sort of stated, AP seems the "safe" choice, MJD the "woot I am the smartest FF GM ever for keeping him" choice. Whom you keep I think, will depend quite a bit if you are looking primarily at this year, or at this year plus the next 2 years.

Were it me ... I keep AP & hope he learns how to catch the ball & get in the EZ more often.

Edited by ts

About the only thing that scares me with keeping MJD given the above scenario is that he's never before been asked to be the workhorse he is projected to be this season ... AP is certainly less multi-dimensional, has not been a TD monster, etc, etc ... as you sort of stated, AP seems the "safe" choice, MJD the "woot I am the smartest FF GM ever for keeping him" choice. Whom you keep I think, will depend quite a bit if you are looking primarily at this year, or at this year plus the next 2 years.

Were it me ... I keep AP & hope he learns how to catch the ball & get in the EZ more often.

I concur with ts.