[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woodstock.

Skippy

Many times they tried to do it again but nothing ever comes close. Just wondering if there is anyone here that made it to Woodstock? Sky, Rocknrob, Beach, Ursa, Randall, anyone?

My oldest brother went with the blessing of my father but hugh protest from my mother. I think I remember it even though I was only 4 at the time. I know for sure that I remember for years my brother and his wife, (she went with him), talking about it.

I am watching the Woodstock movie on VH1, btw.

Far too young but I've watched the movie on VHS so many times I wore it out. It wasn't the seminal change many tried to make it out to be but it was one of the greatest gatherings of musical excellence ever.

:wacko:

One of my older brothers went to this as a teenager. Mom and dad had no clue he went, but he was always a wild one. Soon after he grew his hair long, started doing drugs, dropped out of HS, and was kicked out of the house by the old man. He is now a cop for the city of Pittsburgh. If dad could only see him now. :wacko:

Edited by jaxfactor

The parents of the Woodstock generation fought WWII while their kids were nothing but pot-smoking hippie losers during the 1960's that took everything for granted. They claimed to be the peace and love generation but only consumed and never gave anything back. That generation has never proven itself to accomplish anything really. It continues today. Now they are the 60-year old white people in charge and still making all the bad decisions like they have throughout their life making sure they live high, never taking responsiblity for anything while the next generation will suffer for their pitiful decisions. They started the long social decline that continues today.

The parents of the Woodstock generation fought WWII while their kids were nothing but pot-smoking hippie losers during the 1960's that took everything for granted. They claimed to be the peace and love generation but only consumed and never gave anything back. That generation has never proven itself to accomplish anything really. It continues today. Now they are the 60-year old white people in charge and still making all the bad decisions like they have throughout their life making sure they live high, never taking responsiblity for anything while the next generation will suffer for their pitiful decisions. They started the long social decline that continues today.

For some reason.....I don't know why.... I have never looked at myself, or my peers, like that.

For some reason.....I don't know why.... I have never looked at myself, or my peers, like that.

Being a Marine, I wouldn't think Tim would include you in that description. Or your peers.

Saw on a bumper sticker once:

US Marines: When it absolutely, positively MUST be destroyed overnight.

Being a Marine, I wouldn't think Tim would include you in that description. Or your peers.

Saw on a bumper sticker once:

Something about the word Marine brings on thoughts of intensity. When we first found out my wifes Mom was ill and we knew it was going to be a long road my wife knew she was going to devote a lot of time to her and that I was going to have to hold down the fort while she did. I'll never forget her words. She said "You are going to have to be a Marine"

Of course I equally respect all the branches of our armed forces