[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Games that you have made up

whomper

Does anyone have any games that you made up that you play with your kids ? My brother has a bunch of fun ones he does with his kids. Me and my kids have a great one we play in the pool. They beat me up and I am powerless to defend against them. The only time I get power and can beat them is when my theme song comes on. My theme song is like this speed metal tune. It starts slow. When they hear the beginning of it they know the beatdown is coming and they start laughing. Then my theme song (which i do ) comes on full blast and I just start throwing them and dunking them in the water and they love it. Got any good games ?

Edited by whomper

Seriously though, I play mini-basketball with my boys.

They have a clothes hamper that is circular and fairly low to the ground that we throw balls into. For being two years old, they have a decent jump shot.

A game that my daughter and I play is I will build a tower out of blocks (and take a picture) and she has to build the exact same thing from her memory. She's 5. It's surprising how poorly I do copying her compared to how well she copies me.

There's a word-rhyming game we made up - good for car rides.

We'll call out a one syllable word, for instance, we'll say "the word to rhyme with is 'time'".

I'll then say something like this - Not a nickel ,but a __________. Or, the gooey green stuff on Nickelodeon is ____________

Keeps their interest and they learn what a lot of different words mean in context.

Another car game a bit more on the morbid side is the roadkill game.

You get a point if you see the roadkill first and you get another point if you're the first to identify the carcass (possum, squirrel, etc...). First to 20 wins.

I made up this game that my wife and I play.

It's called "The game is on so make me a sammich".

I have a tough play getting her to play because I always win.

Seriously though, I play mini-basketball with my boys.

They have a clothes hamper that is circular and fairly low to the ground that we throw balls into. For being two years old, they have a decent jump shot.

A game that my daughter and I play is I will build a tower out of blocks (and take a picture) and she has to build the exact same thing from her memory. She's 5. It's surprising how poorly I do copying her compared to how well she copies me.

Did the wife bust you talkin' chit?