[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free league or pay , what's the difference ?

Deach

My brother and I are about to start up a league . He wants to go the cheap way . I've only been in leagues that you pay for . What's the difference between a free one and those you pay $60 - $ 150 ??????

Any suggestions ?

The only difference is that you will money at the end of the season if you win or come in second/third(depending on your pay out system). I find it hard to stay motivated to play in a non-money league. You might find other owners not paying attention to their team, especially if they are not doing well. For me, money is one of the only motivating factor that is tied in with fantasy football.

The only difference is that you will money at the end of the season if you win or come in second/third(depending on your pay out system). I find it hard to stay motivated to play in a non-money league. You might find other owners not paying attention to their team, especially if they are not doing well. For me, money is one of the only motivating factor that is tied in with fantasy football.

We intend on playing for money . Paying for the site won't make a difference there .

I think everyone is misinterpreting what your asking or maybe it's just me. You seem to be asking about whether to use a league manager that is free such as yahoo, or one that you pay for such as CBS sportsline. I'm in 4 leagues and 2 of them are on CBS and the other 2 are on myfantasyleague.com. I think it's a personal preference. myfantasyleague is a real generic site that is easy to use and more importantly in our commisioners eyes, no player info right in your face giving you easy access to player news. Thought being, do your own homework to be competitive instead of using a sight like CBS which gives you all the latest player news right in front of your face. I can't speak personally on the free sites out there because Ive never seen them. Someone actually sparked the debate this year as to why we use money from our pool to pay for a site as opposed to using a free one.

I think everyone is misinterpreting what your asking or maybe it's just me. You seem to be asking about whether to use a league manager that is free such as yahoo, or one that you pay for such as CBS sportsline. I'm in 4 leagues and 2 of them are on CBS and the other 2 are on myfantasyleague.com. I think it's a personal preference. myfantasyleague is a real generic site that is easy to use and more importantly in our commisioners eyes, no player info right in your face giving you easy access to player news. Thought being, do your own homework to be competitive instead of using a sight like CBS which gives you all the latest player news right in front of your face. I can't speak personally on the free sites out there because Ive never seen them. Someone actually sparked the debate this year as to why we use money from our pool to pay for a site as opposed to using a free one.

This if that is the question, though, as to the bolded part, blame your commish if your league site is "generic". MFL is pretty much 100% customizable, not just in league settings, but also in the display and page setups. I have seen some of the most impressive league sites through MFL.

Thanks for clarifying things for me NOSaint . I'm part french , eh .

Yahoo offers online live free draft , and fully customizable league manager . Ive been with NFL.com and Fanball (my fave) . I just can't figure how Yahoo can make it free when others are charging so much . There's gotta be some kind of catch .

Any other free league managers worth looking at out there ?

Thanks guys