[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inherited a team

mdaschaf

I just joined a 2nd year league where we get one keeper, and it does not impact our draft position (I have 5th pick)

It is a 12 team league, standard performance scoring. Needless to say I don't know how this team didn't do worse last season, but here are my choices:

QB: Rivers

QB: Eli

RB: Barber

RB: McFadden

RB: Duckett

WR: Moss

WR: Jennings

WR: Gaffney

WR: Hilliard

TE: Olson

TE: Cooley

K: Mare

D: Steelers

D: Saints

Is Moss the obvious choice?

Then the keeper is Moss.

Thread over.

1. What do the starting rosters look like? You can't really give advice on who to keep if you don't know who you can start.

2. Scoring format is TD heavy, PPR?

You really have 3 choices. Non of which are top 12 players

Greg Jennings

Randy Moss

Marian Barbarian

If its a effeminate 3RB league, then you have to think Barber not so bad.

Jennings is probably the best player you have.

The reason why you have the 5th pick is think about the starting line up.

It was Rivers - great 2K8

Crap RBs

but

Jennings

Moss

and Olsen

That is a decent starting lineup.

The following is speculation:

i'm guessing the guys in this league are RB crazy and the former owner went WR first.

Look at the results of last year's draft so you can be prepared for how the other owner draft. If you see backs like Chris Brown go in the first 5 rounds last year you know they are RB crazy.

Marian Barbarian

I wouldn't keep a back destined to share with Felix and Tashard unless I was certain none of the top 15 backs would be available ...

Moss is arguably the #1 to #4 WR this year ... he's a difference maker compared to any WRs outside that group.

Unless everyone's keeping an RB, keep Moss.

I wouldn't keep a back destined to share with Felix and Tashard unless I was certain none of the top 15 backs would be available ...

Moss is arguably the #1 to #4 WR this year ... he's a difference maker compared to any WRs outside that group.

Unless everyone's keeping an RB, keep Moss.

How can you say Jennings is not in that group? Especially in a keeper league?

Thanks for the input everyone. I have looked more into the league rules, and it is set up as the following:

Active Roster Each week is:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

Flex (RB/WR/TE)

K

DE

The important wrinkle is that passing TDs are worth 6 point and INTs -2, which made Rivers the #2 overall scorer last year in this league. In fact the yop 8 were all QBs, and 15 of the top 20.

Before noticing this, I had decided on Moss as my keeper, but now I am considering Rivers. It is obviously hard to predict who will be kept from other teams. I know that both Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson are not going to be kept and that Brady is currently not rostered and thus will be in the draft. Since QBs dominate the league I am thinking of either keeping Moss and selecting a QB at 5, or keeping Rivers and selecting best player available at 5, be it RB or WR. I would prefer Brady to Rivers, and if available will take him at 5, but wouldn't get a chance to pick a RB until the 19th pick.